Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Help Remove Daily Scoop, Please!!
Opalsboy

This is the mobile posse contact page.  If Verizon wacks this as a privacy invasion issue.  Just go to the mobile posse web site and find their contact link.

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes
galfriday62

Isn't is amazing that this problem has been around since April and it is still a problem.  I just got my LG Cosmo and like the phone, just not all the junk Apps that keep auto downloading.  I do not use a Data package just Text and voice mail.  I had to reset my phone to stop the Backup Assistant for updating daily even though I did not change any contacts.  We were charged for every Free update.  Then after I got rid of Backup Assitant, the Daily Scoop started showing up, again I had to find out how to go into the App and shut it off.  Apps should not run automaticly.  You should have to actually turn them on, if you don't want them, even Pre-Loaded you should be able to erase them.  Why is it taking Verizon so long to solve this, because they want to force you into their expensive Data Package.  Just to let you know, if you get a phone with Blue Tooth, transfer your contacts that way, its easy. 

0 Likes
obrnlori

amazing how you were edited.......

0 Likes
gqguy

It is amazing that after one year Verizon customers of the LG cosmos touch phone still have problems with their phones.  It is a total disgrace that customers have no control over a phone that they own, but have to be under the mercy of Veizon.  Verizon has no clue how to stop these "unwanted messages/applications".  They do a data block that only sends in more messages.  LG tells you that they have never heard of these issues.  The whole purpose of these applications is for the companies to make you buy these products even when you do not want them.  I have given up on my phone after endless calls to Verizon and LG.  Their determination to pocket profits from these unwanted messages has exceeded my will to try to solve the issue.  Thank you Verizon and LG customer support for trying to help me out. Looking at the bright side, my phone is always alive, freezes and lights up all the time during the day encouraging me to buy VZ navigator, bing, social crap, daily scoop, etc.  Did I mention that it kills the battery life too?

0 Likes
shoelicker

Been following this issue since I got my phone a few months ago and I too have not found any resolve yet but....I just saw this on another forum on the same topic.....there is hope!!

"I just heard that the update to ZV5 should start, POSSIBLY, as early as tonight 11/11/11 ...  The general proceedure is to push the update to a few thousand phones, wait a couple of days (Soak) and then push the remainder in the following few days.  Updates are generally done in the late afternoon through the night...  Watch your phone you should be prompted when it is contacted by Verizon with the update...  If you don't accept it, if it's an inconvenient time, you should be able to go to settings on your phone, then Phone info, and finally Software update and "Request" the update be sent again."

0 Likes
obrnlori

fingers crossed!

0 Likes
obrnlori

No update on my phone since July 28th and no current according to Verizon

0 Likes
LED615

I recently bought the cosmos touch online and since I got it every day at 1:30 in the morning I am woken up by an talking advertisement, I think its for mobile email but it might be daily scoop I don't know. I have tried deleting both applications and neither will go away. I tired to download the mobile email application to see if I could delete it, however after I click on the get it button it comes up with a screen that says no items were found. So I can not get this application or delete this application, yet it wakes me every night, very frustrating. How can I stop this advertisement? Also, I'm not sure if this is related but I barely use my phone and the battery dies in less then a day. Is there a way to fix it. Thanks for your help

0 Likes
wildchild513

The new update is now available.

I decided to register to post this so that others who are frustrated are aware.

I installed it on my phone yesterday and it seems to have resolved the issues of powering down,the backlight lighting up a million times a day  and the browse and download screen coming up.Today is the first morning i actually still have a full charge on this phone.And as far as I can tell,no other issues with the update.

I have had this phone since July and have been following this thread in hopes of a fix b/c this is the worst phone i ever owned.I was enraged at the thought of being stuck with it for the next 2 years.Thanks to Verizon/LG for the update.

Too bad we couldnt get a voucher for a new battery,since the phone has been draining itself for months on end.

0 Likes
obrnlori

:smileyvery-happy:

OMG! I just went to updates and it is going to download! Now.... to pray it works!!!!

0 Likes