Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Help Remove Daily Scoop, Please!!
stein559

I no longer get the daily scoop messages after following the instructions above, but my phone stil randomly lights up and/or vibrates, usually between 4 and 6 a.m., so my sleep is disrupted.  I also occaisionally get spoken messages (not voicemails or calls, but the speaker just engages on its own), but as I'm asleep or at work when they occur, I don't know what they're about; I think one was about insurance.  All I know is that i always discover my phone at the Browse/Download screen after this happens. 

I really regret coming back to Verizon and am actually considering canceling before my contract is up. 

0 Likes
Special

Been there, done that, 100 times, does NOT work!

0 Likes
Special

NOPE, does not work! Maybe for a day or two, then it's back to the frustrating battery drain. This needs to be addressed and taken care of immediately by Verizon. I didn't choose to have this ap on my phone that I PAID money for! I didn't get it free and I'm locked in for 2 more years! This is not right!

ChristinaB_VZW wrote:

Hi White1200c,

I can assist you with the Daily Scoop application. I understand your frustration. Please note that the Daily Scoop is a pre-loaded application, so it cannot be removed. However, if you follow the steps I have outlined below, you will no longer see the phone lighting up and using battery life. 

• Launch Daily Scoop
• Select ‘Menu->Options->Verizon Msgs’
• Choose ‘Off’ and ‘Save’.

• Repeat the same procedure for ‘Menu->Options->Bonus Msgs’

I hope this information is helpful for you and your device. Have a good day!

0 Likes
Special

Nothing works! Being a Verizon customer for over 5 years this makes me livid! No matter how many people I talk to, visit the stores, nothing works, the answer, Oh well!  What can be done about this, from reading this forum, I am obviously not the only one having this problem! UGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:smileymad:

0 Likes
obrnlori

If Christina would look...we have ALL done everything that she said to do and IT STILL DOES IT! So please.....stop with the games......and just admit...NOTHING FIXES IT!

0 Likes
obrnlori

No it is not the alerts..it is my phone randomly lighting up throughout the day and it is always on the down load screen..I have contacted and did evrything I was told to and contacted the daily scoop...so...I don't know what is trying to "activate" my phone throughout the day. But my battery can go a day max now thanks to what verizon has done.

0 Likes
torqued

Don't forget that Verizon signed off on accepting the phone and software from LG. So, this is not just an LG issue it is a VERIZON issue too. Both companies need to keep in mind how they get paid and should not be biting the hand that feeds them. The instructions to disable DAILY SCOOP worked for me. But the the other night we were awoken 2-3 times during the night advertising GMAIL! I was not happy. I am also seeing the phone display light up at random times. VERIZON needs to be all over LG to fix this!

I understand advertising, but we as the end user have the right which we paid for to delete and/or disable the software/apps we do not want!

VERIZON are you listening?? Is the VERIZON  group who signed off on this phone and its software aware of the disgruntled customers??? This needs to be fixed and now! How hard could it be to recreate the software package that is currently on the phone but without the apps that we are all complaining about? I woulod think very easy since these apps are not necessary for the phone to fuction! LG? VERIZON? HELLO????

I admire the few customer service personnel who are trying, but I am assuming we have not heard from any engineers from either company. Admit a mistake was made and fix it! I do not believe not should we accept the fact that to remediate this situation is taking this long!

We should all be writing letters of dissatisfaction to the CEO of VERIZON since we all procured them through VERIZON.

my 2 cents...

0 Likes
kramer5150

Its now mid-October.

No new updates, phone still lights up at random.

LG SW version VN270ZV5 is not available.

0 Likes
Opalsboy

I too am unhappy with the lack of concern that Verizon is showing in getting this fixed and taking the users of this phone serious about their frustration with this problem.  

To that end, is there a lawyer among us that would consider a class action suit against Verizon and LG?  Do any of you know a lawyer that would consider this?   Has anyone contqcted the Attorney General of your state?  I am going to call the AG of Arkansas tomorrow.  Maybe comes under the guisdiction of the FCC.

I have the same feelings about this that I have about ObamaCare.  I did not ask for either but I am paying the price anyway.

0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Help Remove Daily Scoop, Please!! and BING!!!
MNGGB

I have had my Cosmos touch for a while now.  I was having the same problems with Daily Scoop but followed the instructions posted and it seems to have resolved that issue.  HOWEVER, now I have BING coming on and verbally trying to get me to buy the app.  Some people on here say their phone lights up for a few minutes periodically.  Mine kept doing the same thing even after I stopped the Daily Scoop.  So be prepared....after you get rid of Daily Scoop, you will have to deal with BING talking to you at inappropriate times....never at the same time, just randomly throughout the day.  Also, I have restricted all data from my phone...don't need it, don't want it.  Talk and text is all I need.  Even with restricted data, Bing CONTINUES to do this.  Please, someone must have a fix for this....this is ridiculous!!!  VERIZON....ARE YOU LISTENING????

0 Likes