Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Help Remove Daily Scoop, Please!!
lloyd0549

I just got my Cosmo Touch yesterday and yes I too am now one of the victims of the Daily Scoop pain. Also the one last post that LG is having problems with replicating this issue may have some true basis. My wife had this phone, before it was stolen, and we never had a problem with Daily Scoop, she did not have a data plan, nor myself. This is a major problem and what makes it even more interesting is that Verzion does over the air software updates, not roaming updates, so why can't they just send a software update that removes this piece of junk software.

0 Likes
obrnlori

Haha...wonder that myself..don't kill yourself returning phones...I had 3 returned and exchanged before I just gave up....

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi community:

This is a nasty combination of a marketing oopsie mixed with a software glitch.  I completely understand your frustration, and here's how you can resolve this problem:

1)Turn off Daily scoop message settings

• Launch Daily Scoop
  • Select ‘Menu->Options->Verizon Msgs’
  • Choose ‘Off’ and ‘Save’.
  • Repeat the same procedure for ‘Menu->Options->Bonus Msgs’

2) If that doesn't work, and you'd like to unsubscribe from the Daily Scoop, send an e-mail to Daily Scoop tech support. Note:    Data must be unblocked for this part to work.  Once you receive word back from the Daily Scoop folks, you can re-block data. 

• Email vzDailyScoopSupport@mobileposse.com 
  • Be sure to include your phone number

Here's a link for the Daily Scoop FAQs.

Sorry again for this inconvenience. I've had good feedback from customers using either method.  If you do follow my steps, please post your findings, successes, and challenges for the community as a follow up. 

Edit:  Also, if your issue is not caused by the Daily Scoop alerts, and the screen is just randomly lighting up, this is going to be fixed.  LG is working on a new software version that will be available.  I don't have a timeframe, but I have confirmed it is in the works. New software version will be VN270ZV5. 

Thanks,

0 Likes
obrnlori

Yup..did all the above and have the random screen lighting up...can't wait for the actual solution! 

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

we all appreciate it!

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

orbnlori

I bet it can be annoying  to have completed all of those steps but not having the issue resolved.

Are you saying that you have also emailed  vzdailyscoopsupport@mobileposse.com  and  you are still receiving alerts from Daily Scoop?

Please advise and I can look into it.

0 Likes
D1Spartan

So, what are the people who have no ability to change their data plan supposed to do about this?  I have a business line, provided by my employer, which I have no control over.  Therefore, the "unsubscribe" solution is unacceptable.  I have done the "turn off messages" solution, but this is still a problem for me.  I am also experiencing the "phone lighting up" issue, which is claimed to be a seperate issue to the "Daily Scoop" issue, but this is untrue.  9 times out of 10 when I'm getting the ghost backlighting and turn on the screen, it's either on the Daily Scoop initialization page (which does nothing, since I don't have a data plan and therefore NEVER subscribed) or on the Browse and Download page.

I agree with every post saying this is unacceptable.  Basically, verizon is telling everyone to try something, and when it doesn't work, then deal to with it.  There needs to be a complete solution, preferably in the form of a software update (removing Daily Scoop from the phone in the form of a software update would be best case scenario).  The solutions offered so far have not only been unacceptable, but just plain don't work or will never work with some customer's situations.

**Edit**

Forgot to mention, another side effect of this issue is the fact that it will interupt any alarms that are going off, just to try and initialize Daily Scoop.  It's a big inconvience and very frusterating, considering that I don't use this application and cannot remove / disable it.

0 Likes
obrnlori

Yes did all of it..contacted them etc...it is the screen constantly lighting up that is the last glitch....

0 Likes
kramer5150

I did all the above.  Nothing has worked.

Phone stil andomly lights up when on standby.

When I press a hard botton it wakes up with the browse and download screen activated.  Its impossible to tell at this end, if this is or is not being caused by the daily scoop ap.

Software updates in this industry with no targeted release date are useless.... basically bogus.  Not holding my breath on LG coming through with on their end, and I still feel Verizon as a corporation doesn't care. (at the very least they should be given a software release date from their supplier LG).

0 Likes
Opalsboy

I am kinda amazed at this issue.  My wife and I both have the Cosmos Touch and have no Daily Scoop issue.  I saw this problem with the phone while doing the review before buying.  I wanted to be sure I didn't inadverantly download it or activate it.  I have seen it on a list somewhere on the phones, but not recently.  I am wondering if the software was updated.  I have VN270ZV4.  I did find the app location on the phone.  It is in media center--Browse adn Download--- Get new App;ications.  I have and will avoid doing the dl for that problematic feature.

0 Likes
obrnlori

My update has a ZV3 then _T0_ZV4 .. no current ones to add....but still randomly lights up throughout the day. My husband does not have it but I can't back up his addresses without resetting his phone to being brand new.(as per the phone support that tried every way)...and that opens up the potential for the daily scoop and losing the cute emoticons that they decided to delete one day with the updates...

0 Likes