Re: Keeping grandfathered unlimited data question
KParks24
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I was paying right around $100 a month with the family plan so as long as I can keep my unlimited data plan I'm fine with $100 or a little over I also get 15% off from my job if the plan allowed it. My work phone has a hotspot plan so I dont need the hotspot for my personal phone. I definitely do need the unlimited messaging tho.

0 Likes
Benitez147
Contributor - Level 1

@KParks24 wrote:

I think I was paying right around $100 a month with the family plan so as long as I can keep my unlimited data plan I'm fine with $100 or a little over I also get 15% off from my job if the plan allowed it. My work phone has a hotspot plan so I dont need the hotspot for my personal phone. I definitely do need the unlimited messaging tho.

Oh ok. Great, good luck and post back results of how everything went.

0 Likes
KParks24
Enthusiast - Level 3

As far as I know everything went through ok, I got the Nationwide talk text 450 min with my 15% discount and I also got my lagacy unlimited data for 49.99 and my 12% discount for my data plan may or may not carry over she said it wouldn't but when I look at my plan it's still there so idk. The woman I talked to was extremely helpful for once lol

0 Likes
Benitez147
Contributor - Level 1

@KParks24 wrote:

As far as I know everything went through ok, I got the Nationwide talk text 450 min with my 15% discount and I also got my lagacy unlimited data for 49.99 and my 12% discount for my data plan may or may not carry over she said it wouldn't but when I look at my plan it's still there so idk. The woman I talked to was extremely helpful for once lol

That's good to see. I'm surprised that the code for 450 talk and text worked. Why doesn't the %15 discount carry over to your unlimited data?  My %22 discount carries over to voice and data plan. Keep in mind that we're stuck using 4g LTE devices as I'm not sure if we'll have the same protections we have if we upgrade our devices to 5G. No one here knows and other posters are speculating also. 

0 Likes
KParks24
Enthusiast - Level 3

No clue she said it automatically kicked it off and she doesn't have a option to add it back but when I look at my updated bill for next month with the new plan it's still on there. Yeah I'm cool with 4g it's plenty fast, whats the point of 5g if they're gonna cap your data and streaming quality lol

0 Likes
KParks24
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like my bill will be right around 110$ then whatever device payment and stuff. Still high but not to bad I guess seeing how that new unlimited would run me pretty much the same price

0 Likes
Benitez147
Contributor - Level 1

@KParks24 wrote:

No clue she said it automatically kicked it off and she doesn't have a option to add it back but when I look at my updated bill for next month with the new plan it's still on there. Yeah I'm cool with 4g it's plenty fast, whats the point of 5g if they're gonna cap your data and streaming quality lol

Oh ok. As long as it's still there. You got the right idea my friend. Once more people start migrating to the 5G, they will leave more free bandwidth for us on 4G. Which means faster speeds for us in 4G. That is prrecisely what Verizon does to make people pay more. That is why Verizon dislikes customers like us. 4K video requires at least 25 mbps and 4G speeds already surpass those speeds so we are in the clear. 

0 Likes
Benitez147
Contributor - Level 1

@KParks24 wrote:

Looks like my bill will be right around 110$ then whatever device payment and stuff. Still high but not to bad I guess seeing how that new unlimited would run me pretty much the same price

Great. One big advantage you have is that your data is not deprioritized. 

Good luck 

0 Likes
KParks24
Enthusiast - Level 3

Plus the new data plans cap your streaming quality at 720p lol Glad we all got these power hungry screens so we can watch sub par quality videos, our legacy plan has no limits no caps or anything that was another huge deal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KParks24, we are glad to see that you were able to make the proper adjustments on your account to keep the legacy unlimited data plan. After your new invoice releases and you may have any questions pertaining to your Employee discount please reach out to us here as we are always here for your assistance.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes