It's been over a year and still no $200 rebate - What are options?
mjengstrom

I upgraded my iPhone 4S to an iPhone 6 and switched from AT&T to Verizon last Sept (2014) as part of the $200 rebate promo.  Since then, I have called every 3-4 weeks to find out the status of my rebate and I am basically told the same thing each time.  The representative on the phone always says a new form has to be submitted for review by their supervisor and they will contact me within 48 hours.  I never hear back.  I now ask to speak with the supervisor when I call and wouldn't you know, they are always in a meeting and not available.  But I am told they will call back before the end of the day.  This never happens either.  How can I speak with someone who can actually help me?   

I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated I am.  This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.  Why does it take over a year to issue a $200 rebate?  Why doesn't anyone actually call back?  Why does everyone say their supervisor will call back but they don't?   Is anyone accountable at Verizon?  I am tired of calling.  I am tired of hearing the same lies over and over.  I just want my rebate. 

Thanks,

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: It's been over a year and still no $200 rebate - What are options?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mjengstrom, I too would be just as concerned with a missing rebate, especially since it has taken this long for it to get processed, in addition to all of the missed call backs.

We’d like to help take a look and see what’s going on with your rebate.

I’ll be sending you a DM to help assist further.

We look forward to assisting.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mjengstrom

It's been several more weeks and I still have not heard back. It appears that the online Customer Support is just as bad.  Can someone give me an update on my rebate? 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Did you get a message from VWCSR?  Did you respond?  Is you account set up to send and receive private messages?

WHat I have seen in the past is they send a code to redeem to get the rebate. 

IF you still don't get results, you may have to sic the BBB on them.  It seems to work.

0 Likes
mjengstrom

What is VWCSR?  But yes, I am set up to send and receive private messages.  Nicandro sent me a message on Nov 24th and I replied, but I have not heard anything since then.  I will try the BBB route. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

VWCSR = Verizon Wireless Customer Service rep.

IF you expected contact through private message and got nothing back, it is time to escalate.

NO response is not acceptable.

Even a negitive response is the least they can do.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

file a complaint with the Better business bureau and let us know how it turns out.

tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
dolphin2016

I have also been waiting since 10/2014 for my legitimate $200 rebate for trading in my iphone 4s for an iphone 6.

I have been on hold for hours on end.....getting the run around always. I saved all of Verizon emails with confirmations that my phone was rec'd. Every customer service rep tells me a differnt answer. They are so incompetent! No-one knows what they are talking about. I am so sick of being on hold and being told to go to the Verizon store where they tell me to go to the Verizon retailer where I bought the iphone6. BTW- does the consumer realize that all verizon stores are not legitimate Verizon stores?! Now I am being told that since I didn't purchase my iphone6 from a "real" Verizon store that Verizon can't help me! What??????? Who knew that there were different types of Verizon stores? This is such bad business. I am embarrassed for Verizon...the cutomer service is so poor and uniformed. Now a manager in an authorizedVerizon store is telling me that I have to go back to the unauthorized Verizon store because that's where I purchased the iphone6. What's going on? I am a great lont term customer of Verizon who did everything as per the rebate intsructions.

Please help.......

dolphin2016

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you get that extra money from our trade in promotion. When you turned in the old device, were you given a confirmation code? Did you do the trade at the store or online? Have you checked your email's junk folder/inbox for the electronic gift card?
NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes