Issues with phone signal at home
72mopar72

I have a Note 5. At home, 04046, the signal is rarely above a single bar. I can receive calls but the person calling can only hear every other word. Inside or out the signal is crap. I reviewed the "map" to see if I have coverage and it looks like I should. I have had the phone for a year and only recently the signal has suffered. If the weather is bad it only gets worse. texting seems to work although delayed at times.

I have reset the phone, used the troubleshooting provided on verizons web site. Nothing seems to help. What are my options as I have to have a working phone at home ?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with phone signal at home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a reliable service is our goal for all of our Verizon customers 72mopar72. To see that you are experiencing signal issues is concerning to me but no worries, we are here to help. Let’s dive in to see what is going on. To give an outline of what we normally do, we will troubleshoot with you to see if we can resolve your concerns. If that is not successful, then we will work toward the next best solution which could be a replacement device (depending on your warranty/insurance coverage) or a possible indoor home solution. As you have done some great steps already, let’s pick up from where you left off so we can ensure no steps were missed. Does this only happen in your around your home? How is coverage everywhere else you travel? How long has this been happening?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
72mopar72

The issues seem to have started recently (last couple weeks). I had a couple issues right after I signed up and most were resolved by changing settings. Coverage away from home seems fine. I did sign on with verizon chat and turn on the wifi calling feature. That seems to work OK but the folks I call require me to repeat as the call quality is poor.

0 Likes
jacko819

I have an iPhone 6S that I received in April and the issue has been happening ever since receiving this phone.  I did not have this issue with my iPhone 5C

0 Likes
72mopar72

It really is sad that coverage varies with newer phones. I know they cram tons of stuff in thinner bodies but not better antennas. My assumption is the majority rules, ie- major metro areas have the best coverage and the new phones don't "need" powerful antennas. Those of us who don't live in big cities suffer if we choose to get new units

Also, I have not resolved my issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

72mopar72,

Keeping connected wherever you are is crucial. Home is especially important though. How far do you get from home before the service improves? Do others have the same issue in this area?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
72mopar72

I was about a mile North of my home and received a call . The service was fine as was able to have a normal conversation. I don't know if "others" have issues here but like I said in the first post this problem seems to be a recent issue on my phone.

0 Likes
72mopar72

I still do not have a resolution and assume it will be ignored like the majority of the problems posted here.  Nice of verizon to provide a way for us to share our issues, act like they want to help and then leave without solutions. Very curious way to treat customers with so much competition in wireless service.

0 Likes
72mopar72

Still no resolution even after they opened a "ticket".

Their solution is:

Run the troubleshooter-done

Try HD calling-done

WIFI calling- done

Buy a signal booster- I would sooner sign up with a VOIP calling plan and forward my calls

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry you don't have a resolution. Let's look into this together and see what options we have. Please reply to our private message.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes