Issue with group texting.
TheObject

I have three friends that I do alot of group texting with and when friend #1 replies the text does not show in the group text, it's always separate.  Friends #2 & 3 replies are fine and my replies go to their their group thread.  Whats odd is that friend #1 replies go to the group threads of friends #2 & 3.  Friend #1 & 2 are on Verizon, #3 is on AT&T.  This has been going on for years and across different phones.  I had an iPhone 4s and now a Moto X and still the same issue.  I installed Handcent but that did not help.  I am beginning to think there is something wrong with my account.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks for any help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issue with group texting.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love the convenience of group texting, therefore I can empathize with your situation. Let's see what we can do to get this figured out, TheObject.
First, does this happen with all threads between this specific group of friends?
Next, may seem odd, but do they have your number as a 7 or 10 digit number?
( If you are using the contact list to load the 10-digit mobile number, ensure there is not a 1 (one) or other codes (e.g., *67) before area code of the mobile telephone number.
The 10-digit mobile number should not include any extra characters (e.g., dots(.), dashes(-), etc.) or spaces.
Let's begin there.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Issue with group texting.
TheObject

Thanks for replying.

Yes this happens for every thread.  I also noticed that if he includes me in a group thread with other people it comes through as if it was just him. 

I am checking with him to re-add my number as 10 digit with no dashes.  I also re-added him in my contacts as 10 digit with no dashes but the contact app automatically adds a dash after saving.

0 Likes