Is this $64 credit a scam?
JLHEALY

I received a call from 800-922-9876 telling me that I'd been selected to receive a $64 credit but have to go to verizon64.com & sign in.  Sounds like a scam to me.  Anyone know anything about this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: $64 credit?
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

SCAM.  There have been lots of iterations 22, 33, 34, 44, etc.  Sounds like they have moved up in dollar amounts.

Totally a scam.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

SCAM.  There have been lots of iterations 22, 33, 34, 44, etc.  Sounds like they have moved up in dollar amounts.

Totally a scam.

0 Likes
RonD-
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got one too. Assumed it was a scam. Decided to check out the verizon64gift.com web site to see what info they were trying to collect and saw that it has been taken down.

It was likely a phishing message trying to collect log-in i.d.s.

If there had been a working web site at that location, I'd have called  Verizon support to report it.

Jmcbug

I just got the message also... Went to the web site and it sent me to some uk- web page that didn't look right so I shut it down immediately.  The number on caller I'd was an 800-922 number that if you called it back was a soliciting (girls wanting to talk to guys) number.

0 Likes
dab1256

I received the same phone call from 1-800-922-7654 to get a $64.00 credit on my bill, but when you called it back, it was for if you wanted to talk to the hottest girls or hottest guys line. And when I tried the website, it could not be found.  What a scam!!!

0 Likes
SquirrelCowgirl01

I too just got this call saying $64 credit from 800-922-5555. I called it back and it said "your call can not reach from your calling area"

0 Likes
megsky

I just got the call too. from 1-800-922-5555

0 Likes
kayleeates
Contributor - Level 1

you know it is a scam greedy giant Verizon does not give away anything

0 Likes