Is there sales tax for an ETF?
bigolbig1

I recently disconnected my phone and paid an ETF of $100. Looking at my final bill, I see that there are several charges making the total bill $117.08. How can I be charged sales tax and surcharges for cancelling the service? See below:

Fed Universal Service Charge $4.30

Gross Receipts Surchg $3.18

*** State Sales Tax-Telecom $4.39

*** Cnty Sales Tax-Telecom $5.21

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sales Tax on Disconnection?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bigolbig1,

I know that this would raise some questions for me just the same and we would be happy to help out. The Early Termination Fee would be a service fee and for this reason it would be taxable and this would be normal. Along with that any other service charges even if prorated would also have a tax associated with them as well. We hope this clears things up! Also, you can find many useful guides and resources for all our devices and services by going to www.vzw.com/support.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Sales Tax on Disconnection?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bigolbig1,

I know that this would raise some questions for me just the same and we would be happy to help out. The Early Termination Fee would be a service fee and for this reason it would be taxable and this would be normal. Along with that any other service charges even if prorated would also have a tax associated with them as well. We hope this clears things up! Also, you can find many useful guides and resources for all our devices and services by going to www.vzw.com/support.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes