Is there any way to know if VZW is working on improving service in an area?
Lionhartsmh

As the title says I was wondering if anyone knows how to get an answer from VZW on if they are working on improving service in a particular area.  Janesville, WI to be exact.  I'm asking hear, because I assume the general customer service guys on the phone or in the stores probably dont have that kind of info.

Not to complain too much, especially since I dont know how often VZW reps read these, but moved to a new area in January and service is subpar from everywhere else I lived.  Constantly dropping calls in my house, and 50% of the time I'm in a building in town I seem to be on 1x data instead of 3g (iphone 4s).  Heck my buddy, who back in the day used to be on Cingular, is now making fun of it.

But anyways, my contract is up in June, and was wondering whats the best way to find out if they will be doing any improvements to the area?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyway to know if VZW is working on improving service in an area?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Lionhartsmh,

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out! I know how important it is to have a reliable signal that you can count on. It does look like there may be opportunities in the area. It also good to note that service may be more challenging indoors as additional barriers are created for wireless signal.

I do suggest a network extender for in - home use. This accessory will help boost voice and evdo within the home as long as you have high speed internet. You may check out additional details here, http://vz.to/IHRT6h

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Lionhartsmh,

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out! I know how important it is to have a reliable signal that you can count on. It does look like there may be opportunities in the area. It also good to note that service may be more challenging indoors as additional barriers are created for wireless signal.

I do suggest a network extender for in - home use. This accessory will help boost voice and evdo within the home as long as you have high speed internet. You may check out additional details here, http://vz.to/IHRT6h

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
Lionhartsmh

Thats for the email. I've known about the extender, but to be fank I'm not a big fan of the idea. Specifically paying $250 for a device to use my own broadband, for service.

But service at my house is not the only problem, I seem to always be loosing data and swtching to a 1x while shopping various stores in my new town. Which in many ways is ridiculous considering most of those stores are only a mile or less from interstate 39.

Like many people in my current contract (grandfathered with unlimited data) I just have to figure out if I will be staying with VZW in a few months when my contract expires. If so then perhaps I'll look at getting an extender.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details Lionhartsmh. It does help you isolate the issues you are having with your data connection. Depending on the structure of the buildings that the stores are in can certainly cause issues with cell phone reception. Can you please provide an exact zip code of the store? I know that data is very important while on the go! I know that unlimited data is also very important for many of our customers. How much data are you averaging monthly? What phone are you currently using?  We certainly do not want to see you leave us! Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes
Lionhartsmh

Recently having issues in numerous stores in and around the 53546 zip code. My background is in science, so I am aware the composition of the construction of the building can degrade signals, or create a faraday cage which can do the same. But considering the close proximity to a major interstate the data interruptions don't seem consistent with the quality of service I would normally expect from Verizon I'm utilizing an iphone 4s, and lately my data usage has been minimal as over the last few months, but days where I'm not on wifi I usually use between 100-300mb.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Lionhartsmh, service at your fingertips is what we strive for! We do our best to cover as much ground as possible. Can you run a speed test on www.speedtest.net Also, let's try resetting the network settings as well: http://vz.to/Jzv4mg   

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lionhartsmh

Its ben reset, and using the speedtest app I seem to be ranging from 0.21-0.53 Mbps download, and 0.09-0.13 Mbps upload at my house over multiple tests.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted Lionhartsmh! We'll do everything we can to get things sped up! Has a ticket been submitted for our engineers to review the towers in your area?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
Lionhartsmh

Not that i know of.

On Apr 1, 2014, at 8:45 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes