Is there any way to get international messaging work?
mshbd

This is driving me crazy. Both my incoming and outgoing international messages from US seem to be dysfunctional. The outgoing messages are shown clearly in my usage log. But my contacts are not receiving them (multiple people on different networks).

I used to get it (to-from Bangladesh and Australia) when I was with TMobile but can't make it work in Verizon. I can assure that I am using the right codes and familiar with sending messages. Also, my contacts on the other side know how to send messages to me since they have been doing that for years. Their networks are also supported. I am on a More Everything plan and have three lines (two iPhones and a Moto X). None of the lines are working for international messaging.

Can someone help me out here? I have seen various other posts where people complaining about this and not getting any help from Verizon (they keep asking basic questions for months). This is a deal breaker for me and may force me back to TMobile, where it used to work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there any way to get international messaging work?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Help has arrived mshbd! Let's get your global text messaging to work. May I ask are you able to make and receive calls from the numbers that you are unable text? I'm assuming that you speak with the people from time to time. If so then that's great. Since the 3 devices that you mentioned have text threaded conversation,  would suggest deleting the entire text thread for one of the numbers in question on one of the phone, reboot, and send another text message by manually entering in the mobile number. Just to be clear, do not attempt to send a text message to the number in question from your contact list.Once you have done so then please keep us posted with the results so we can continue to assist if needed.
ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Help has arrived mshbd! Let's get your global text messaging to work. May I ask are you able to make and receive calls from the numbers that you are unable text? I'm assuming that you speak with the people from time to time. If so then that's great. Since the 3 devices that you mentioned have text threaded conversation,  would suggest deleting the entire text thread for one of the numbers in question on one of the phone, reboot, and send another text message by manually entering in the mobile number. Just to be clear, do not attempt to send a text message to the number in question from your contact list.Once you have done so then please keep us posted with the results so we can continue to assist if needed.
ArnettH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
mshbd

I was able to send and receive to both countries in question by following your method. In addition, I also disabled verizon's integrated messaging due to the fear that it might be interfering with regular messaging on my iPhones.

Now the question is: is this a one time thing? Or do I have to keep deleting existing threads for other contacts?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
An excellent question! Once the thread is working, it should continue to do so. Though to be fair, if for whatever reason it stops working; these same steps would be the first steps to get the conversation flowing again.
BryanS_VZW
0 Likes