Is there a way to get out of my new 2 year contract? I am having way too many issues with my brand new Iphone 6 plus and for the past 4+ hours, I have been frustratingly tossed around by CS reps and their defective answers and solutions!!
fm0927

To make a long story short....I just spent  a combo of 4 hours at the Verizon store and CS to resolve my phone that does not hold a charge for more than 4 hours. Yes, I did all the technical modifications and still no luck. Today is the 14th day to return/replace and Verizon is giving me pain-staking hell in getting a functional replacement. I've been thrown around from CS to  tech support, to more wrong information, to repeating my story to a new rep/tech because the previous ones failed to call me back shortly after, as promised.  As a final attempt, i called back CS to get details on cancelling my service where I was on hold for 30 minutes. With all the forum hunting and researching on a solution, I am hitting the 5.5th hour mark and I am still do not have any resolve with my problem. You know, I wasnt for very much.  I was within the return window and all I wanted was a working phone and correct solutions for an easy transition. I have been a customer for 10 years and I shouldn't be going through this. TIA!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to get out of my new 2 year contract? I am having way too many issues with my brand new Iphone 6 plus and for the past 4+ hours, I have been frustratingly tossed around by CS reps and their defective answers and solutions!!
Not applicable

If today being May 30th is the 14th day then today is your last day to get out of the contract. Honestly why would you sign a 2 year contract in this day and age? Either pay full price upfront or get on the Edge plan. Save yourself some headaches.

Re: Is there a way to get out of my new 2 year contract? I am having way too many issues with my brand new Iphone 6 plus and for the past 4+ hours, I have been frustratingly tossed around by CS reps and their defective answers and solutions!!
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Assuming you can return all the phones on your contract that may be best option, especially if today is the last day. Just remember you'll be out some money; restocking fee of $35 each phone, plus I don't think you get back any money for activation fees etc.

If you like the Edge phone it's a pretty decent way to go. Depending on the plan you have you can get a discount on the line access fee; regularly $40.

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to get out of my new 2 year contract?  I am having way too many issues with my brand new Iphone 6 plus and for the past 4+ hours, I have been frustratingly tossed around by CS reps and their defective answers and solutions!!
Snn5
Legend

There is a way to get out of your contract now....$350 Early termination Fee.

If you cancel your service after the 14–day period, but prior to the expiration of your minimum term, you will be responsible for all of the above–mentioned charges, including an Early Termination Fee.

Return Policy & Early Termination Fee - Verizon WirelessTT

Loquat
Master - Level 1

Why not take your phone to the Apple Store and let them take a look at it.  They're a lot better at diagnosing and fixing iPhone issues that VZW phone techs.  And if they determine your device is defective they'll replace it on the spot as long as their is no damage to the device. 

Not applicable

Not everyone lives near an Apple store. The nearest one to me is 100 miles away. In fact the 5th nearest one is 265 miles away.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You left the store with a phone that is defective?   Why?     It's one thing if you just changed your mind, but if the device is faulty, you are entitled to a working replacement.  Kind of a no brainer....

Take the phone back today and insist on a working replacement.  This will start a new 14 day clock.  If it's Verizon service you don't want, then pay the restocking fee,  port your number today, which cancels your service.

Re: Is there a way to get out of my new 2 year contract?  I am having way too many issues with my brand new Iphone 6 plus and for the past 4+ hours, I have been frustratingly tossed around by CS reps and their defective answers and solutions!!
Loquat
Master - Level 1

I understand not everyone lives close to an Apple Store...but if you're not getting the desired results from VZW tech support or CS...then what would you consider to be a better suggestion?  Apple does offer mail-in support if you're under warranty...but I'm guessing that your reply would be that no one wants to wait that long either.  Right?

0 Likes