Is there a way to get off of edge and go back to a 2 year contract?
Chef07

I Have been on adage for a little less than a year and don't like the idea of having to pay off half of the phone price and having to trade it in.  I don't like not having a backup phone as a just in case something happens.  Has anyone switched back and if so how was the process?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a way to get off of edge and go back to a 2 year contract?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Finish the entire Edge payment installments and you can keep the phone you purchased. Then you can choose to purchase a new phone at the Edge payment option or the two year contract price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Finish the entire Edge payment installments and you can keep the phone you purchased. Then you can choose to purchase a new phone at the Edge payment option or the two year contract price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

With Edge you get a warranty replacement if the phone is not broken, lost/stolen or liquid damage. You should have the insurance no matter if you have Edge or a 2yr agreement so if any of those things happen you are covered after paying the proper deductible. Get used to paying for Edge because contracts are going to go away and we won't have that option. Also, 2yr agreement or not, you are ALWAYS paying full cost for your phone.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

First, if you finish the payments on Edge, you keep the phone. You do not have to trade it in after 1/2 is paid off. Remember with contract, you cannot even consider upgrading until the entire 24 months is paid for. There is no just switching back, You must complete your current agreement or pay the rest of the phone off and then you can start over with another Edge contract or a subsidized contract.

0 Likes