Is there a such thing as Primary Phone number associated with a Family plan?
real_ki

I am considering switching my service Verizon to one of their other carriers.

I have a Family plan with 6 numbers and I am not sure if there's such thing as a Primary Phone number for my account.

Is there such thing as primary phone number for my account?  And if so how can I tell?

Also, if such primary phone number exists, can I port that number to another carrier?

Or do I have to change the primary phone number to another number before I can switch the carrier?

If I have to change the primary phone number, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a such thing as Primary Phone number associated with a Family plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone number associated with the account owner would considered the primary number of the account. You can port it to another carrier, but you are right, you might want to change the number designated as account owner before you port the number out.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is there a such thing as Primary Phone number associated with a Family plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone number associated with the account owner would considered the primary number of the account. You can port it to another carrier, but you are right, you might want to change the number designated as account owner before you port the number out.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to leave us. You ask important questions real_ki and we are all about answers. As previously mentioned, the number associated with the Account Owner would be the primary. We can certainly take another look to assist further, and possibly change the primary line if needed. I have sent you a Private Message to begin.

Rosanne_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
real_ki

Thank you all for the answers.  I do appreciate it all.

0 Likes