Is there a specific Wi-Fi network I should use?
krad15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since I have Verizon wireless, should I only use Verizon for Wi-Fi? My phone lists several different choices.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a specific Wi-Fi network I should use?
rcschnoor
Legend

Wifi is not something Verizon provides. It is something you provide or is sometimes available in a retail establishment, airport, train station, etc...

The several different choices you have available would likely be your neighbors if you are at home. If the wifi choice has a little lock on the icon, you would not be able to access that network without knowing the wifi password. If you have broadband in your home with a wifi router, it is likely one of those choices is your own wifi network.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You can use any wifi network that you have access. Just because the phone list a wifi network doesn't mean you have the passcode to access the private network though. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Wifi is not something Verizon provides. It is something you provide or is sometimes available in a retail establishment, airport, train station, etc...

The several different choices you have available would likely be your neighbors if you are at home. If the wifi choice has a little lock on the icon, you would not be able to access that network without knowing the wifi password. If you have broadband in your home with a wifi router, it is likely one of those choices is your own wifi network.

0 Likes