Is there a solution at Verizon for international travelers
pamtastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are from The Netherlands and planning to visit family in New Hampshire in August.

Does Verizon have a solution for international travelers to use data and make Phone calls for a period of 1 month?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a solution at Verizon for international travelers
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Please don't be under the impression that your phone from the Netherlands will work. I have never seen an international phone's IMEI be accepted by VZW's system for activation.

I would suggest that if you don't need cellular data the best option is to find a cheap basic phone (usually you can get then at Target or Walmart for $20 or less) in the red Verizon Box. These are prepaid phones that you can buy and set up at home.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Great question pamtastic and thanks for considering our service while visiting. We have our prepaid services to use. Here is a link to review all the details http://vz.to/1o71Efn . You can also call our prepaid department to discuss your options  at 877-777-5759  .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Please don't be under the impression that your phone from the Netherlands will work. I have never seen an international phone's IMEI be accepted by VZW's system for activation.

I would suggest that if you don't need cellular data the best option is to find a cheap basic phone (usually you can get then at Target or Walmart for $20 or less) in the red Verizon Box. These are prepaid phones that you can buy and set up at home.

0 Likes
pamtastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your warning. I want to use it for the cellular data, so the prepaid phone just for phone calls is not an option. I know there are special "international SIM"-services, but I have seen them for AT&T, but not for Verizon.
And I was told that Verizon has a better coverage in the area we are going to visit.
But when you doubt the prepaid services will work on my phone from the Netherlands I guess I have to go for the AT&T service (I'm sorry to say on a Verizon-forum).

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I am customer with no financial stake in VZW so if you have to use AT&T to be able to use your own device then that is what has to be. Good luck and enjoy your visit.

pamtastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have family in NH and they asked for me in a local Verizon-shop.

I won't be able to use my (Dutch/European) Phone at with a Verizon SIM-card.
Verizon has a CDMA technology and we use GSM.
For GSM I have to go to AT&T

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

This is what I figured that you would have to do.

0 Likes