Re: Is the $25 device payment discount still available?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dee74, we want you to take advantage of the best deal when upgrading to new phone. With the device payment plan, the full retail cost of your device is split into 24 monthly installments, which appear on your bill. However, you get a $20.00 discount on the monthly access fee for your line when subscribing to a new simple Verizon Plan which helps you pay for that phone. Click http://vz.to/1P9xrru to see the details of these plans.

For more information regarding how to the device payment plan works, click http://vz.to/1unPD5Z

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dee74
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I switch to the new data plan with a $20 access fee per phone when upgrading my phone would I still receive a $20 discount per phone? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dee74, we know how important it is to get all the correct information. On the Verizon Plan with a line access cost of $20, that is the amount of the line access cost already discounted. The Verizon Plan has two different cost.
1) Line access cost $40, for lines under contract.
2) Line access cost $20, for lines out of contract or Device Payment Plan.

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dee74
Enthusiast - Level 3

So it seems like every discount from Verizon has some type of "if then" factor involved.  I really am just looking for ways to lower my phone bill, I stay with Verizon because they have great cell signal service, not because they are the cheapest.  After reading the comments on this post it appears that there are discounts that I should have been eligible for but did not receive because I did not ask for them (apparently I lost out on over a $1000 of discounts with my current data plan) and then there are discounts available when I upgrade but then the discount is eliminated by the cost of the upgrade, and then there are some discounts that are only available to certain people.  I started this post because I searched for Verizon discounts online after seeing a friends phone bill with Verizon that has more devices and more data was actually lower than my bill.  Just a suggestion for Verizon, a clear pricing and discount structure that is easily accessible would be great.  No secret discounts and fees Or pages of fine print.    People with identical service in the same location should have the identical costs.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Dee74 wrote:

So it seems like every discount from Verizon has some type of "if then" factor involved.  I really am just looking for ways to lower my phone bill, I stay with Verizon because they have great cell signal service, not because they are the cheapest.  After reading the comments on this post it appears that there are discounts that I should have been eligible for but did not receive because I did not ask for them (apparently I lost out on over a $1000 of discounts with my current data plan)

How did you miss out on them? You said you were still under contract. The only discounts which have been discussed are those for being out of contract or being on a DPP(device payment plan). You do not qualify for the out of contract until you complete your current contract(s). The discounts for being on DPP are applied automatically.

Dee74 wrote:

and then there are discounts available when I upgrade but then the discount is eliminated by the cost of the upgrade

Yes there are discounts available when you are eligible to upgrade. You can ask for those discounts and get them when you qualify. Purchasing a new phone is a completely separate transaction, one which comes with a cost. The fact a phone cost as much or more than a discount for which you qualify is irrelevant. If you want to lower your bill, choose a phone which cost less. There are SEVERAL phones which have a payment between $10/month and $20/month, both of which are LESS than the discount for which you qualify if going on a DPP.

Dee74 wrote:

and then there are some discounts that are only available to certain people.  I started this post because I searched for Verizon discounts online after seeing a friends phone bill with Verizon that has more devices and more data was actually lower than my bill.

Do you know how that person paid for their phones? How old their phones are? Are they getting any discounts thru their employer? These are all factors which you seem to be ignoring.

Some people pay FULL RETAIL for their phones. They don't accept a "discount" in exchange for signing a new 2 yr contract. As a result, their monthly bill is lower due to discounts they qualify for because of their choices. Are you saying that since they chose to forgo purchasing a discounted phone they should not receive any discounts that people who DID choose to purchase a discounted phone do not receive? Verizon allows YOU to choose the type of discount you would like to get. Because my bill may be lower than your bill because of MY discounts does not take into account you may have paid less for your phones than I did because of YOUR discounts. Simply choose the discounts which are best for your situation. The same choices will not be the best choices for everyone.

Dee74 wrote:

Just a suggestion for Verizon, a clear pricing and discount structure that is easily accessible would be great.  No secret discounts and fees Or pages of fine print.    People with identical service in the same location should have the identical costs.

That is certainly a matter for debate. Verizon offers discounts to people who work for certain employers BECAUSE those employers can steer a great number of customers to Verizon. MOST companies will give you a discount when you buy in bulk and an employer with THOUSANDS of employees who are also Verizon customers certainly have the right to accept a discount Verizon chooses to offer them because of an affiliation with their employer. I have such a discount. I pay full retail for my phones. I did not take a discount on the price for any of my phones. I have NO qualms about accepting a discount on my monthly bill because someone else chose to take a discount in another form.

0 Likes
Dee74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow a lot of opinions, questions, and statements that are not helpful here.  I am an adult, I understand how discounts and phone purchasing contracts  work, I am comparing my bill to someone that works at the same place as me, with the same employee discount, with the same purchasing scenario.   It just appears between the posts I read and the PMs I received that Verizon is not always forthcoming with their discounts. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Dee74 wrote:

I am comparing my bill to someone that works at the same place as me, with the same employee discount, with the same purchasing scenario. 

If that is the case, which discounts are they getting which you are not, such that their bill is lower than yours even though you have fewer devices and less data. The only discount(s) you have mentioned is the out of contract and DPP discounts, neither of which you qualify, yet you say you are missing out on over $1000 of discounts for which you DID qualify???? There must be SOMETHING different to make their price lower.

0 Likes
JStein6

rcschnoor This is interesting to hear because i have been reading how for those under the more everything plan with a DPP, when it is paid off they will raise the line access to $40 and tell you the M2M discount isn't available anymore, even if it was part of the terms when you signed up for your DPP. But you're saying you can get it with some basic customer service maneuvering?

I'm on a More Everything plan and a DPP for an iPhone 6 i purchased in April 2015. I currently get the $25 line discount. Ive been told different things by multiple verizon representatives. I'm trying to figure it out because if i'm going to lose the $25 discount (and the other plan members won't want to move to the new verizon plan) then i feel like i should pay it off, take advantage of the iPhone 7 trade in promotional credit of 650 over 24 months. If i can keep the discount after i pay off my phone then i'd be very happy to keep my current phone.

Any clarification you can provide?

Much appreciated

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ability for the customer to add the Month2Month discount themselves has been removed. You can call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request they add the Month2Month discount to that line out of contract. You will lose the DPP discount after the last payment is made. You can also check the new plans to see if price fits better with your budget. The access fee automatically adjusts when completing a contract from $40 to $20. The DPP agreement lines have the line access fee at $20. The data buckets might be less than what you are paying now either with more data for the same cost or less money.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JStein6

Ann154

Were you able to get them to add the M2M discount after your DPP ended? I'm skeptical based on other people's experiences.

Thanks

0 Likes