Is it possible to upgrade a device when your account is past due?
mikeebiloxi

I'm totally disgusted. Best Buy had The Galaxy 4  for FREE  until ten tonight. after waiting in line at bestbuy for 2 hours to do an upgrade on my eligible device. I was denied because my account was technically past due. I know it is. I have an automatic bank draft set up on my next payday Dec. 9th. When I called  customer service to ask if there was something They could  do for me the Barely English speaking agent said there  was nothing and he suggested I pay my past-due amount and  he would be happy to do that  right now so I could still make the sale.I explained I have arranged the payment and I can't pay it until then.I have been with verizon for nine years I have 5 phones with a monthly bill over 300.00. that's 3,600. a year and 36,000. plus all the phones and Accessories. I'm asking if I can sign another two year contract with you and your telling me that I can't. OR are you telling me That i shouldn't?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is it possible to upgrade a device when your account is past due?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The account needs to be current to allow allow upgrades.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The account needs to be current to allow allow upgrades.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mikeebiloxi

Yeah  I heard that from the last guy. I was asking if you could  do me an almost favor. I would  think that after  $36,00.00 you knew I was good for the $280.00.  the payment is setup for auto draft it's done. even if I didn't have the funds the bank would pay it out of my overdraft.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer customer forum. We don't have access to any other customers' accounts besides our own account. If you need immediate assistance, call customer support at 1-800-922-0204 from another phone or *611 from your phone.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

It doesnt matter if youre a customer 15 days ir 15 years, 35 dollars a month or 350 a month;  past due is past due and no favors are made. Get your priorities straight and pay on time; then you can upgrade. And before you say well ill switch carriers its the same everywhere unless you bring you own device.

Tidbits
Legend

Bank may charge you for a overdraft or decline. Banks do have a limit on maximum overdrafts. Doesn't matter how much money you've put in or how long you've been with them.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

mikeebiloxi wrote:

Yeah  I heard that from the last guy. I was asking if you could  do me an almost favor. I would  think that after  $36,00.00 you knew I was good for the $280.00.  the payment is setup for auto draft it's done. even if I didn't have the funds the bank would pay it out of my overdraft.

Being past due on your account is not really a good way to demonstrate that you are "good" for the amount you owe.  Just sayin'.

Pay your bill.  Pay it on time.  Pay all that you owe.  "Problem" solved.

Not sure why you would be owed a "favor".  Or even an "almost favor" (whatever that is.)

budone
Legend

smh

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mikeebiloxi,

Upgrades should be fun! I know how important it is receive a good    pricing on a device. We want to help. Your account must be current at the time of upgrade. If you have a past due balance, this balance would need to be paid before the system will allow an upgrade to process.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes