Is it just me or has Verizon Wireless become overpriced...
Caligirl_ali
Enthusiast - Level 1

the customer service is bad and even after spending hours on hold they over charge you for everything. I've always understood the value of paying for quality but that has certainly disappeared here.

It seems like it takes 1gb just to text and receive messages. and they always ask you do you use wifi ?? wtf do i need wifi for when i'm paying you 100+ for a phone bill. i shouldnt have to conect to multi hot spots so i dont go over. i should be able to use snap chat and pandora like everyone else with out feeling like i go over.

you know i went from 75% to 90% just trying to read emails? are you kidding me.....

emails. that's my school and work and i cant even read my email with out going over my data. i am tired of living inside a box and i have come to this hard decision to cancel. i've been careful not to ever go over because if you do its 15$ but you can upgrade for 10$ which i still don't understand but i'm tired and irritated with their customer service and pricing.

Re: Is it just me or has Verizon Wireless become overpriced BS...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
It pains me to hear that you believe that we are over priced and are considering other carriers. Depending on your plan, rarely is texting charged in GB. The charge is per text message, if you do not have the More Everything plan. Texting is unlimited with the More Everything plan including picture messages.

Reading emails should not take up that much data usage. Now if there is a video in the email then that can use your data. Here look at our data calculator:http://vz.to/1Ki4eMc

I am happy to hear that you never go over your data. There was some confusion in the data pricing.  If you go over your data without changing your plan it is $15.00 per GB.  If you do change your plan, it is $10.00 for 2GB.  We offer data alerts to help our customers save money.

Please feel free to reach out to us so we can clarify any questions you may have.  We value your business and want to be your service provider of choice. http://vz.to/1ExQF3c

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

We are not here as a community to help you decide which provider to switch to. Maybe you need to change some settings on you device to make the data load faster. Example, if you're using an Android switch from Global to LTE/CDMA.

You have 1GB data allotment and you want to use data apps (Snapchat and Pandora) without going over? Has anyone ever explained to you how this works? Sending videos and receiving videos (and pictures) through Snapchat uses data. Videos use more but nonetheless it still depends on data. Pandora is a streaming service. That means you are using the internet to pull and listen to music. Without an internet connection (Wi-Fi or mobile data) Pandora does not play music. What you're asking for is to pay for lowest available plan and get the highest usage. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

rcschnoor
Legend

For me, Verizon has certainly not become overpriced. I don't go over my data allowance and I am able to read all the emails I would like. I watch a couple of hours of WatchESPN a month when there is something I just can't wait to watch when I get home. I have 4 smartphones on my account with a 10 GB shared data allowance and a $168 monthly bill. My daughters use Twitter and Snapchat all the time and we seem to get by just fine. So, no I do not think Verizon has become overpriced.Smiley Happy

What is your data allowance? How much data do you use monthly?

0 Likes
Re: Is it just me or has Verizon Wireless become overpriced ...
Zivena
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, Verizon is the worst. Spending hours and hours with customer service and tech support, and nothing gets resolved. Not getting services I was told I would, not getting rebates, services not working, now mobile data isn't working, mobile device protection mysteriously removed, voicemail removed, etc, etc. I came to Verizon last year because they had a reputation of providing superior cellular service and great customer service. My experiences of both have been awful!

0 Likes
Zivena
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh, wow. I just noticed this post is from 2015! Seems nothing has improved, and likely gotten worse. Geez. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our priority that all your services, and up and running. We've contacted you via Private Note to gather more information.~Geo

0 Likes