Is everyone aware of the new Scam? Asking you to log into a web site called myverizon46? Avoid doing this, it is a PHISHING attempt
StewBabyToo

I received a phone call from 800-922-6874, so did my wife and other family members, stating that we are good customers and will get $46 off our bill if we just go to the web site www.myverizon46.com and login.  This is a SCAM.  All should be aware.  I called Verizon customer service, warned them about this, but I doubt they really do anything.  Sad.  DO NOT LOGIN, this is only to get your verizon login and password.

You have been warned!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is everyone aware of the new Scam?  Asking you to log into a web site called myverizon46?  Avoid doing this, it is a PHISHING attempt
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's not new, has been going on for a year or more (search the forum) using seemingly random numbers from 25 to > 100 - verizon###.com - all attempts to get your username and password.

A good practice is to NEVER click links in texts or emails.  ALWAYS go to the company site (the one you know you have your account with, like verizonwireless.com) by typing in the address yourself, and log in to your account the way you normally would.  Any promos or offers or problems will be apparent at the real site.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is everyone aware of the new Scam?  Asking you to log into a web site called myverizon46?  Avoid doing this, it is a PHISHING attempt
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's not new, has been going on for a year or more (search the forum) using seemingly random numbers from 25 to > 100 - verizon###.com - all attempts to get your username and password.

A good practice is to NEVER click links in texts or emails.  ALWAYS go to the company site (the one you know you have your account with, like verizonwireless.com) by typing in the address yourself, and log in to your account the way you normally would.  Any promos or offers or problems will be apparent at the real site.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep not new. People still fall for it somehow. If Verizon wants to give you a credit they will give you one. They won't take you go to some special website. what would be the purpose of that? A simple whois look up would show people clearly that the site isn't owned by Verizon. I suppose some people are so enamored with a discount they don't bother checking.

0 Likes