Is The New Unlimited Plan Better Than My Plan With Safety Mode?
Pictone
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have the XL plan for my family.  We routinely exceed the 24GB data allocation, and then experience "Safety Mode", which slows things down quite a bit until the billing cycle starts again.  According to the new Unlimited Plan, once 22GB is used, data speeds may be prioritized to a lower speed.  The monthly cost for me to switch to the new Unlimited plan is exactly the same as the current XL plan.  So, the question is - will the "over 22GB" speeds on Unlimited be any better/worse than the "over 24GB" speeds of my XL plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Unlimited plan "over 22GB" speed vs. current plan "Safety Mode" speed
Weth
Legend

The 22 GB deprioritization is by line and the speed reduction will only be when over 22 GB and the network is busy.  Speed reductions in most cases will not be as slow as safety mode.  It is much better than current plan in your use scenario. 

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 22 GB deprioritization occurs per line apparently. So you might only see a slowdown on just the lines that exceed 22 GB.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Weth
Legend

The 22 GB deprioritization is by line and the speed reduction will only be when over 22 GB and the network is busy.  Speed reductions in most cases will not be as slow as safety mode.  It is much better than current plan in your use scenario. 

Pictone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, this is good news.  If it is indeed a per line data threshold, then it impacts only the actual data hogs, i.e., my children.

rcschnoor
Legend

Pictone wrote:

it impacts only the actual data hogs, i.e., my children.

LOL!!!