Is It True You Can't Use Family Locator and Usage Controls On the Same Phone?
koki2

Hi All,

My 12yo daughter got a Samsung Intensity 2 days ago and I wanted to put both Family Locator and Usage Controls on her phone.   I set up the usage controls yesterday, but then couldn't download the family locator app to her phone.  After a couple of frustrating hours on this web site and on the phone with customer service the tier-2 tech support rep at Verizon told me that you can't have both on the same phone!  Can this possibly be true?  Do I have to choose between either locating my 12 yo OR limiting her phone usage to reasonable hours?  I can't believe it's designed to work this way.   Has anyone else had this issue?

Frustrated Mom

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is It True You Can't Use Family Locator and Usage Controls On the Same Phone?
bobbijo207

I just got the LG Octane and gave my Envy Touch to my daughter.  I set the usage controls first, and then i downloaded the Family Locator onto her phone. It worked fine, and I can locate her phone from My Verizon website. Then I tried to download the Family Locator to my new phone and it did not list it with the other apps........so I can't even attempt to download it.  I spent a couple hours on the phone with tech support and then they ordered me a new phone.  I do not expect it to work.  So my problem is a little different than yours......when you tried to download it to your daughter's phone did Family Locator show up in the list of apps to download?

I also did not have in the list of apps to download the VZW Tones Delux for ringtones or the Backup Assistant.

0 Likes
Re: Is It True You Can't Use Family Locator and Usage Controls On the Same Phone?
gannelle515
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you blocked downloads in the usage controls, you can't download the family locator app. Just unblock downloads then load the app and go back and re-block. I had this problem before!

0 Likes