Internet Connection Interfering with Verizon Network Extender?
mdbutera

I was furnished with a LG network extender by my employer because Verizon coverage in my home is poor. My bars went from 0-2 to 4-5 in an instant which was great! No issues there.

As a reminder, the network extender is connected to a router (Westell router, my DSL provider is Centurylink) per the setup instructions. What seems to be happening is that when there is a lot of data usage across my home internet (for example, I am running a web conference or Netflix is streaming) I get a lot of interference on my phone. Voices (including my own) cut in and out and sometimes a call will drop due to insufficient network coverage.

What's going on? Is this a Verizon issue (network extender not able to handle all the data) or is this a Centurylink issue (I need to up the bandwidth)?

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Internet Connection Interfering with Verizon Network Extender?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Friday mdbutera,

I'm glad to see that you have a network extender. This amazing device does wonders for enhancing indoor coverage. I have one, as I live in a high rise, and I love it. As you stated, this device does uses DSL service to perform properly. IF you are a heavy internet user, which judging by your post you are, then I would hightly suggest increasing your bandwidth. While I'm not sure if there is a cost for this from your DSL provider, I can assure you that you will see an immediate improvement in the network extender and the internet usage. If you decide to do so, please keep us posted just in case more assistance is needed.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes