Incorrect Information by Verizon Rep leads to High Overcharges
Izzy2817

On June 15 I called customer service  to add the Mexico/Canada plan due to an unexpected visit to Mexico. The rep I spoke with assured me of the details of the plan or so I thought.  He even suggested I turn off my data while in Mexico because it was extremely expensive. I then asked the rep about the rates for text messaging. I questioned whether it was going to be $0.50 per text and he ASSURED me that I wouldn't have to pay based on the plan I have. I even reiterated what the rep said back to him by asking that I would still be able to text as I had been doing while in the states. He stated I was correct. To my surprise I review my bill and the balance is over $1,000. They charged the messages.

I called customer service upon my return to discuss this and I was told Verizon wasn't liable for these charges. What frustrated me the most was that I asked to have the phone call reviewed and I was denied that request. I know the calls are recorded and it seems as if Verizon is only acting for its own benefit. The rep I spoke with today told me that they cannot review previous calls. They have to go based on what the reps note on my account. What if the rep put in what he should say to please Verizon policies but by lying he is screwing over the customer?!? I then asked to speak with a manager and was not transferred over.

I switched from AT&T because I had heard wonderful reviews about Verizon from friends, but definitely regret changing over to Verizon. I am extremely disappointed and WILL NOT be recommending this carrier anymore. Could not believe that no one was willing to work with me to resolve this, but instead was told that they appreciate my feedback and they care about me. The service I received today obviously said something different. I was  told INCORRECT information by their rep but they are NOT liable. I just don't think it's fair that they cannot even give me the benefit of the doubt whether or not the rep lied to me. I am the customer and if it weren't for people like myself there wouldn't be a business for Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Incorrect Information by Verizon Rep leads to High Overcharges
budone
Legend

Only info VZW will guarantee as gospel is things in writing.   From the Mexico/Canada plan page

Text messages while in Mexico are 50¢ per message sent (per recipient) and 5¢ per message received. Text messages sent while in Canada are billed the same as when you’re in the US.

Izzy2817

I had to find out the hard way. I feel like each rep says different information. In the end their purpose is to screw over their customers. I am very disappointed and angry, but what else can I do.

0 Likes
budone
Legend
If a first time issue, and you are professional with the rep, they JUST MAY offer to credit some of the charge. If rude to them. They will offer nothing.   Just my 2 cents
0 Likes
Izzy2817

It is the first time. I already called customer service and they clarified Verizon is not liable for any of it. Any other suggestions are welcomed?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Call again.

What state you live in?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Izzy2817,

We want every experience with Verizon Wireless to be awesome and accurate. I apologize that this did not occur and I want to help. It's important to have correct plan details especially when traveling. If you could please accept my follow request and send me a Direct Message with your mobile number and billing account password. I will be more than happy to review account.

Thanks,
Pamela_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kitkat8884202gmail_co

LOOK I WANTED A NEW LINE OF SERVICE NOT SOMEONE ELSES LINE FROM BEFORE I GOT IT AT A YARDSALE ITS A REFURBISHED PHONE I DIDNT KNOW THE OWNWER WHY CANT I START A NEW LINE WITH ONLY A MONTHLY PLAN IN MY NAME AND CONSIDERING I HAVENT EVER HAD SERVICE ISNT THERE A ONE TIME NO FEE ACTIVATION CAUSE THERE IS WITH EVERY OTHER SERVICE

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

kate rogers wrote:

LOOK I WANTED A NEW LINE OF SERVICE NOT SOMEONE ELSES LINE FROM BEFORE I GOT IT AT A YARDSALE ITS A REFURBISHED PHONE I DIDNT KNOW THE OWNWER WHY CANT I START A NEW LINE WITH ONLY A MONTHLY PLAN IN MY NAME AND CONSIDERING I HAVENT EVER HAD SERVICE ISNT THERE A ONE TIME NO FEE ACTIVATION CAUSE THERE IS WITH EVERY OTHER SERVICE

It sounds like the previous owner didn't remove the phone from their account or their own money on their account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kate rogers,

We would love to have you join in the VZW Family! I am excited to hear that you have purchased a refurbished phone at a yard sale.  Have you attempted to activate the device on our Pre-paid services http://vz.to/13vQ7NT? If so, what was the result? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamela_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes