Inaccurate data usage
cynwesty

WHAT is going on?  We have never used more than 14 gigs on 5 devices.  All of a sudden we are being told we have used 22 gigs!

There is no one else using the air card and we are not using anything differently than we ever have.

No movies downloaded  No video viewing.  We even supposedly used 3 gigs in 2 hours last night.

I see others are having the same problem. Seems there is no one to ask and we are going to get hosed on the bill.  We got a data usage alert

at 50 percent and then 8 hours later get a 75 % data usage alert.

No kids in this home and it's all on the aircard supposedly the aircard has used 22 gigs of 20 and the other devices are at extremely low usage.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Inaccurate data usage
Customerandformer8YRE

OMG same issue is going on with me. I had just brought my new wife on my acct. 3 months ago and she just used a CPE I Phone 4(which is a phone she already had on a different acct. or purchased elsewhere) a CPE is supposed to be activated on a M2M and always eligible for upgrade w/a new 2 year at sales price. So let me make this quick and just to let you see how broke Verizon is these days and how stupidly cocky they have become to speak to the wrong people when they never know who is listening in and/or recording when the level 1 script readers are reading to the irate customer so the supervisor doesn't have to get on the phone and actually handle a real issue. So basically this is what happened. My wife who is from Ireland and was on a plan in NYC for 2 years with the same exact phone she brought over to my acct. in Oct. 2012.at the start of the billing cycle. So 1st bill data was 1.3GB which was the average of the last years on the other Verizon Acct. then in Nov. the bill said 8.6GB then this last bill it was 19+GB which our total bill for Nov, and Dec was like $900 when it should of been $300 like Nov, and that was with the prorates and act, fee.  Now we have a 6 and a 7 year old son who give us no time to use our phones a lot and we have auto connect WIFI at home and at both of our jobs. So I'm not only a a customer but know a lot on what Verizon can and can;t do when it comes to credits and courtesy's due to working corporatenverizon for 8 years from the ground up to the top. So when they basically told my wife she had to pay it, no if and or buts!!(and level 1 sreen reader was so nice when she said it, (LOL! JK) like she almost enjoyed saying NO YOU PAY! NO YOU PAY! and then YOU PAY! So as I realized how much the company has changed and in the past would have backdated the contract to pay less which should of never needed to be done because we said we will pay the whole bill like a thousand for 2 months just let us know what sites, apps, or what ever we used to accrue  these outrageous data overages. They said it was against the law to tell us why we had to pay that money and there was no one at Verizon Wireless could see the sites that caused the overage due to privacy laws, SO JUST PAY IT! So i put on $200 out of the bogus 1 thousand on the 20th and was shut off the 30th for past dues of  incorrect data charges. I am just very embarrassed and to do what I do if you get the idea and having to raise 2 children not to lie to people when I do everyday selling a certain product that thinks there to big to care about the small people. Because let me tell you if this happened to a customer who is a celebrity or a CEO of a company with 1000+  lines the credit would be applied and many courtesy's would be sent his way. So thanks Verizon as I will most likely be disconnected for data overages that you cant tell me what and after working for you for almost 13 years and putting a lot of time and dedication into your co. I just wanted to say thank you for the help!!(JOKE) Also my 7 year old son would like to thank you for not being able to add his new tablet from Santa on due to this past due. But I know $241 may put you under and we wouldn't want that. YUCH!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cynwesty,  We want you to be able to get the most out of your Mobile Broadband device!  Are you using a USB card or a MiFi Jetpack?  Is the device constantly linked to the computer?  Are you actively running automatic OS updates or anti-virus updates?  I would be more than happy to offer additional assistance.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Inaccurate data usage
Customerandformer8YRE

Thank you Verizon. I guess my post directly under cynwesty was just on the pay no mind list because it is just not possible for someone to have the same phone for almost 3 years and never use over 2.something GB and the 1st month on our plan she used 1GB but Nov. 8GB and Dec. 19GB COME ON! Ive been working with Verizon for almost 13 years and I know what Im talking about. I Just need to get this resolved asap due to being behind on my mortgage now because you would shut me off for errror in data usage and I need my phone to demo to Verizon Wireless customers which is hard to say any problem will be resolved if I can't even get mine resolved. I know that this is an error and with the other thousands of posts with the same problem don't you think maybe its time to give the customer the benifit of the doubt and just charge them for their regular paln price or would Verizons doors shut if they didn't get the overage charges that incur each month, I think NOT!

0 Likes
warbucks

>Personal email address deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
warbucks

>Email address deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
warbucks

Verizon holds all the cards.  They have a monopoly on MIFi as they call it and they have thousands of customers. So they can charge as much as they want to.  Your choice is to pay their excessive charges or find another provider.  The federal government broke up the monopoly Ma Bell/AT&T years ago but now we have another monopoly called Verizon.

0 Likes
casten2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I like many of you are having the same issues.. However I find it interesting that this happened last year around the holidays and again this year about the same time.. In fact I am pretty sure it happened on Christmas Eve both years, a day when I am to busy to keep the eagle eye on Verizon that is required at all times.. This year I did not even get my data usage alerts, just you've used all your data. I checked my acct on line and it did indeed show an overage, which made no sense as we don't down load anything, I suspected this was wrong, but upped the data one level just to protect my $. Then logged out and back into my acct.. It then showed we had hardly used any of our data, which I knew was right.. So I called Verizon and they couldn't explain why i had not gotten the alerts, they are activated on our acct, also agreed i had only used a small amount of our data for the cycle and said i should move it way down and save $30 this month. SO I DID, only to get another all your data has been used alert, about 36 hours later!! I love the idea of snapping pictures of this information to use as proof, I will do so from now on.  But I would much rather know where to report this horrible practice and have Verizon investigated for fraudulent business practices.  If a million people get an overage alert, up there data even one level at $10 a person that is one heck of a lot of money!!!!  I have been with this company since the get go, huge box cell phone before they were even Verizon, but this is getting out of hand. We will find other services as soon as our contracts are up. To boot we are on the fringe of their service and our calls are dropped all the time!! So frustrated but stuck in a contract..

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Casten2,

We always want your data charges to be accurate! We value your trust in us and I apologize if this has not been occuring. Do you check your data using the My Verizon Mobile application or the My Verizon website? When you received the overage alert prior to changing the plan, was the alert for a specific line usage or the total account usage? Have you checked your alerts on the MyVerizon website to ensure that you are set to receive all alerts http://vz.to/19O1yQ8 ? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us@vzwsuport

0 Likes