If service is canceled before my contract is up will my phone be blacklisted?
shymedq87

My 14 days are over and wanted to know if I paid the ETF fee to get out my contract early plus my final wireless bill for the account will my phone be blacklisted or can I continue to use with other providers since it's already unlocked?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If service is canceled before my contract is up will my phone be blacklisted?
koocamunga
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you pay your ETF and the full bill then no the Device ID will not be put on the negative list, although I'm curious how did you get the phone unlocked to use with other carriers within the US? I only ask because I know that Verizon does not do this.

0 Likes
Re: If service is canceled before my contract is up will my phone be blacklisted?
shymedq87

it's an iPhone I though iPhone's were required by the FCC & Verizon to be unlocked am I wrong?

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

What model iPhone?

Also, if you pay all the charges that you owe (ETF, first month service, etc), then the device will not be blacklisted.  But you will have to wait until the end of your billing cycle before it is released.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

According to Apple, you are wrong.

On Apple's website, when you purchase an iPhone for use on a US carrier, it specifically states "Your iPhone will work only with the carrier you choose."

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

That statement is inaccurate. Verizon iPhone 5 and 5s phones are unlocked on the GSM and LTE side. They can be used with other carriers right out of the box. But not with other CDMA carriers. The iPhone 4S can also be unlocked.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I didn't say anything about the accuracy of the statement, simply that this is what is stated on Apple's website when purchasing an iPhone.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Untitled-1.jpg

So technically my statement IS accurate as Apple's website DOES state that, which is EXACTLY what I said.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The GSM iphone 5s for AT&T will come locked to AT&T until the customer completes their contract. Then the customer can request a SIM unlock to utilize the GSM radios on other GSM networks.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

You said that I was wrong. I'm not wrong. The statement is inaccurate.

0 Likes