Identify Incoming Forwarded Calls
nmnola
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way to identify incoming calls that are forwarded from another number? My work cell number forwards to my personal cell phone and it would be nice to know when it's a work call versus a personal call.

Labels (1)
Re: Identify Incoming Forwarded Calls
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
The number that will show is the number that is "calling" your cell, in this case, your work phone # will show, regardless of who is calling the work #. I don't think there is a way to get the originating caller ID on a forwarded call, just the number it was forwarded FROM.
0 Likes
nmnola
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's actually not what I have experienced. I would prefer that. It actually always shows me the originating caller's number, so if it is a number I don't recognize, I can't tell if they called my work number or my personal number.

SuzyQ wrote:
The number that will show is the number that is "calling" your cell, in this case, your work phone # will show, regardless of who is calling the work #. I don't think there is a way to get the originating caller ID on a forwarded call, just the number it was forwarded FROM.

Not applicable

Nmnola, thanks for your inquiry. At this time, there is not a way to distinguish calls that are being forwarded to your phone. It will show up on your phone as if they are calling your cell directly. While we don't have much information on 3rd party applications, one thing you may want to consider researching is Google Voice. You can create a new number with Google Voice, and that application has options to show the Google Voice number when being forwarded. You can certainly look into options for forwarding your work calls to Google Voice and then to your cell phone. Do a Google search for Google Voice and see if this will work for you. 

0 Likes
nmnola
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. That was the first thing I tried. Google Voice does not currently have any numbers available in my area code and every other service I've found has a charge.

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

Nmnola, thanks for your inquiry. At this time, there is not a way to distinguish calls that are being forwarded to your phone. It will show up on your phone as if they are calling your cell directly. While we don't have much information on 3rd party applications, one thing you may want to consider researching is Google Voice. You can create a new number with Google Voice, and that application has options to show the Google Voice number when being forwarded. You can certainly look into options for forwarding your work calls to Google Voice and then to your cell phone. Do a Google search for Google Voice and see if this will work for you. 

0 Likes
lboylan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Nmnola,

did you ever get this issue resolved?  I would really like to be able to know when a call has been forwarded from my work phone to my cell so that I can answer appropriately.

thanks,

Lboylan

lilyryannan

No, I did not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, lilyryanan. I understand wanting to identify your forwarded calls, so I'm here to help. Are they forwarding correctly? Please check your private messages additional steps.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
Maverkay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Customer Support - can you send this to me as well???  This would be awesome to know....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our only goal is to assist you as much as possible, Maverkay. What specifically do you want us to send you?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes