Re: IPhone Trade In Scam
Desert_Denizen
Enthusiast - Level 2

It does power on and off and I was assured by an independent tech that it is a minor issue, most likely involving battery contacts.  I could do anything with the phone as long as it was plugged in.  The only reason I didn't have the repair done was I upgraded to the 5C.  Thanks for your support.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Desert.Denizen wrote:

It does power on and off and I was assured by an independent tech that it is a minor issue, most likely involving battery contacts.  I could do anything with the phone as long as it was plugged in.

Yes, all this information was in you original post. It just does not sound like a minor problem. A problem with battery contacts will undoubtedly lead to greater problems with battery contacts. "Minor corrosion", as described in your previous post, does not stop. Something doesn't simply corrode a "little" and then stop. It continues until the contacts fail completely, which leads me to the conclusion it is not a minor problem.

It is not a matter of "support". It is a matter of calling it how I see it, nothing more.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to see you go Desert.Denizen. I'm sorry to learn your phone value was not as you expected. The trade-in program does require that the phone but should be in good condition. This means it should power on as a normal phone should and corrosion is a form of device damage which makes it ineligible for full trade in value as a working/good condition phone.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Nicole76
Enthusiast - Level 2

What about the rest of us that sent in working unlocked phones that are now getting ripped off by this trade in scam? I had two more lines on my plan that I had intended on upgrading and renewing contracts for. Considering Sprint now. This is a horrible business model to advertise one thing and then turn around, not honor it &  completly ignore the customer.

Desert_Denizen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I disclosed all condition issues when filling out the form. Your model is what gave the valuation after condition issues were disclosed. As I stated, I could have gotten more on EBay or for that matter I probably would have paid out of pocket and had it repaired. I would have continued as a sAtisfied customer. The issue is I disclosed ALL matters concerning the phone and was given a quote of $100. Receiving a rebate of 18% of that amount is ludicrous! The case and screen are worth more than that!

Sent from my iPhone

krmorales

Hi Verizon Wireless Customer Support,

I purchased the iPhone 6 and submitted my trade in request online (Submission ID 411802169). I got the prepaid shipping materials and sent back my iPhone 4 in the padded envelope at the US post office. My phone was in good shape. It had no cracks and it was working properly. I deleted everything and even wiped it down and made sure there were no finger prints on the phone. The other day, I received a package from Verizon with my iPhone 4 and it is all cracked and broken! There was no letter of explanation or anything. I checked the status of my trade-in-submission online and the status says "Not Received."

Unfortunately, I keep trying to call the trade in contact number 877-247-3846 and cannot speak to a live person. Can you please help me.

Many thanks,

Kristina

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's terrible krmorales! When did you send the phone in? I can say, if we received it, we wouldn't have returned it. Even if it was broken or damaged. Therefore, it never made it to us. That's why your order status says Not Received. The best thing would be to file a claim with USPS or which ever shipping company you used. I'm so sorry about this.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon representative is telling you a fact. They do not return devices broken or otherwise.

That is the United States Postal Service returning it when they cause damage or loose in the mails.

The problem is the return mailer is paid by Verizon Wireless so only they can file a claim for you.

However they will not do that.

You could try to file a claim but the USPS will state you were not the shipper. Verizon used a return to vendor program in which they paid and you did not.

You may be able to file a claim with your home owners or renters insurance for the package being damaged.

However I am not sure that will work either.

It looks like you get dinged for the loss which is a real bummer.

Good Luck

0 Likes
krmorales

VanessaS_VZW,

I dropped it off at the U.S. Post office on Monday, October 6 in Boston. I used the Verizon prepaid envelope. Did Verizon insure the package contents when it purchased those prepaid labels. Verizon's instructions just said to drop off in your mailbox or USPS mail center and I did exactly that. Can you please look up my tracking # on the prepaid label and send it to me.

Someone tampered with my old iPhone. Not only was it cracked, but there was tape on the camera. Also, the iPhone was not sent back with that green plastic protective liner that was included in the prepaid shipping materials.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
thanhle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Something strange just happened. Just a minute ago, I decided to log on to my iCloud and look at All Devices in Find My iPhone. Now, my old iPhone 4S is there again, as well as the new iPhone 6. I definitely deleted the old iPhone 4S off of Find My iPhone Devices before I mailed it in. Anyways, I decided to remote delete all data AGAIN, and "removed the device" from Find My iPhone AGAIN. Hopefully, this will make my case stronger, in trying to get my full appraised estimate of $200.

0 Likes