Re: IPhone Trade In Scam
Qtip3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was ripped off also received email notification will be receiving $36 for old iPhone. My local sales rep inspected phone and said value $199. I had a bad feeling when you are ask to purchase FIRST and receive rebate last. I applied for rebate the same day as purchased phone. Verizon was 2 weeks after receiving phone in the mail before sending packaging to return phone. I followed all of Verizon's instructions. I will be calling but not expecting anything. I will also be going back to the local sales rep who appraised my phone at $199.

0 Likes
anconnell

Some good news on this issue. My husband called the regular Verizon Customer

Support number today. Transferred a couple of times, but ended up with a

Customer Care Rep. (Not a manager.) She handled the issue quickly and said

Verizon would send the $164 gift card balance. Obviously, don¹t have it in

hand yet, but (so far) we didn¹t have to go to any extraordinary measures to

fix the issue. Just call main Customer Support number and ask them to

transfer you to Customer Care Š if that¹s not who you are talking to

already.

0 Likes
Qtip3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just want everyone know been on phone for 11/2 hours with no resolve. The first CSR I talk to was very nice and said absolutely due the $200. She said would have to transfer me to trade in dept and they issue the difference. Held for 20 minutes no answer. I called Verizon again and got a different CSR and she was rude and said she could not give me my $200. She said look at case and phone did not power on and off. I know that not right. The salesman at my local Verizon inspect phone and give it the ok for $200. Plus I was using phone and know it worked. She said would escalate case and have third party on line with us (lied) she transferred me back to trade in dept which I held again and no one answered. I am so aggravated and not a person to normally get upset. However, I did go ahead and file complaint with BBB and Attorney General. I know probably won't help but they will be aware of Verizon's scam which By this thread they are already aware of.

0 Likes
anconnell

For what it¹s worth, the rep my husband talked to said something like, ³I

wish they put notes on these trade-ins for how they calculated the value.²

So Š are some of the reps making this up as they go??

0 Likes
Qtip3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Evidently the reps are doing whatever they want.  I told the last CSR spoke with that I knew they had authorization to refund the $164 and she refused.  I wanted to speak with supervisor and she also refused.  Stated we had to do an "escalation of the issue".  After 11/2 hours on the phone decided had enough and sent the information to BBB and Attorney General.  I also have tried Live Chat and no help.  PITIFUL!

0 Likes
slmillerindia
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone else contacted the Better Business Bureau and they promise to send an inquiry to Verizon within two weeks. The person complaining received a quick offer from Verizon for the balance of $200. I would suggest that EVERYONE contact BBB. They have a simple online form to complete.

When I mailed in my cell phone, I included a photo of the phone and the packaging just prior to slipping in the envelope - indicting that the screen was NOT broken, the phone fully charged and the data wiped clean. We'll see if I get the $100 valued online. I finally did receive a call from Verizon and they credited my account for the other $100.

Terrible!

0 Likes
Qtip3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update: I will be receiving my $164 as credit to my account. The BBB sent their letter today. Also, I found an email address on another forum on this site for one of the top executives. I sent a lengthy email explaining my situation, the poor customer service, treatment of other customers, the scam/fraud being committed by Verizon. Also, in my email told him that had already filed claims with BBB and state AG.  Around 6pm this evening I received a call from the executive. He said received my email and letter from BBB. He apologized and thank me for being a long time customer.  He said crediting my account as we were speaking on the phone. I remind him how terrible the customer service or non existent customer service. Everyone who has been cheated needs to file with BBB, state AG, and email Verizon executives.

0 Likes
bbatelli

So, here is my story. Basically, I set up the trade in for an iPhone 4 for an iPhone 6. Once I received the iPhone 6 I noticed that I did not receive any labels or envelope to send back the iPhone 4 to get the credit. I called Verizon and the person said this is not a problem and would send me the label. I received the label in a couple of days.

I then placed the phone in the original box and sent it in a brown box with the label that was sent to me. After a week, I received a notification that I would be receiving $0. I called and asked why this was the case on the same day I received the letter. Turns out the label that they sent me was for the Hopeline and it was "donated"

Long story short they are looking into how I could get credited. Meanwhile I am out $200 and not sure when I will get it. All I keep on being told is that they are looking into it.

This is ridiculous because it was not my fault. How am I supposed to know that the label they sent me was sending my phone to the wrong place.

0 Likes
Qtip3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't wait on them to "look into it" as Verizon will tell you and expect return call. Contact the BBB, your state AG, and Verizon Executive. If we as customers don't take a stand against this scam they will continue to treat people badly. The High data usage scam is bad enough without taking customers rebate money.

0 Likes
pipllc

As of last week I received a call from a guy named Josh who was following up for the regional manager I left a few messages with.  He stated that it's all quite a mess and they are working to take care of it.  He told me he would be contacting me to set up a time when I would be able to bring my phone it and have it inspected and would likely be able to be given a value then and either get gift cards then or would receive them in that mail.  I haven't hear anything more.  I told him I would likely check in on a weekly basis if I didn't hear back from him.  We'll see what happens.

0 Likes