Re: IPhone Trade In Scam
Nicole76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received an email this morning stating

"...as a courtesy we have elected to waive the deduction in this instance and issue you a supplemental credit in the amount of $200". Still insisting that I left the "Find My iPhone" enabled. Supposedly will take 2 days for the credit to be available. Anyone else get the same email?

0 Likes
thanhle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the same email this morning, except my credit is for $164. They originally sent a gift card for $36, so the remaining amount would be enough to fully get the $200. Hopefully, the gift card actually does send in this amount.

Mstantz
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • I just wanted to post an update since Verizon did resolve this issue.  I had called at around 3:30 yesterday about my $36 refund after following EVERY step required and got "escalation" story.  I tweeted and posted in this forum and at 2:42am an e-mail came through that the reason I didn't get my full refund was because I did not turn off Activation Lock (which by the way is a lie since Apple provides a great link where you can check if it has been turned on or off  https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/and mine was confirmed off - www.icloud.com/activationlock/ ).  However, as a courtesy they were issuing an additional gift card for $164 within the next 48 hours.  So - Verizon - THANK YOU for doing the right thing!  However, you need to rectify this issue with your "Device Recycling Team" ASAP as I have been reading on many forums most are not getting the quick resolution that I received.  Nor, should there be this many discrepancies between what is shipped back and what is stated as being received. 

0 Likes
loganberry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi everyone,

I finally got some resolution to this and I suggest you all do the same.  I submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I got a response within 24 hours that they were contacting Verizon. I was then contacted by an Executive Customer Rep who apologized and explained the situation.  As we already knew a third party is handling the trade ins and obviously is botching it big time.  He then said Verizon would cover the difference in the appraisal value and the $36 I received. He also said he was going to look into these complaints (I had sent the link to this thread in my BBB complaint).

So if you want some resolution this is what I would also suggest.  Good Luck!

0 Likes
keandau
Enthusiast - Level 2

we too have been scammed...

I sent in 2 iPhones that worked perfectly.  What we received was 2 gift cards of $76 each.  We did not receive any explanation.  Really, no explanation is required.  They worked fine, Verizion just decided to give us less that they said they would.  I definitely would NOT recommend that anyone else use their 'Recycle Program". 

I am the fool for believing a company that will spy on its customers using 'super cookies', then sell the data.

Verizon, AT&T Tracking Their Users with 'Supercookies' | Video - ABC News

0 Likes
Misstoy78

Here we go again.  Traded in 2 perfectly good iPhone 4s in their perfectly flawed packaging with a promise to receive $200 each and received an email with $7 for one and $15 for the other.  This is unbelievable!!!!

0 Likes
A_E_C
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish I had seen this post before participating in their trade-in program. I just received my $36 credit for my $200 trade-in (x 2 as I sent two phones). I talked to a Recycle Center representative, I wish anyone that goes that route luck, as the guy was pretty rude. I just filed a BBB complaint on Verizon's trade-in scam...I mean program. Good job Verizon, I'm thinking about changing carriers for the first time in close to 10 years.

Jylphoenix
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the email this morning that they will credit me $164.  They still say my phone is locked, but i have the email from Apple saying otherwise. 

Never gonna trade through verizon online again.  I will go through the store. 

hope everybody else gets their issues resolved as well.

0 Likes
Michellezz55

Im having the same exact problem....did you ever get your full $200

0 Likes
Michellezz55

I Only received $36 for a 4s that they appraised at $200 they said the screen was cracked!!! that is BS my phone was in perfect condition  not even a scratch on the screen!!!! I got ahold of someone from the trade in center they said I would get another gift card in a few days!!! we will see sounded like BS to me!!!! 

0 Likes