Re: IPhone Trade In Scam
Teally65
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I'm currently on the phone dealing with a rep.  Got disconnected but he did call me back.  Without resolution I'm taking my business elsewhere.  This is utter BS!  I had the rep on the phone when I upgraded to my 5C tell me yes going rate is $200 for phone and then in the store they also said the same.  I received the packaging in the mail before I could drop phone to store after new 5C was activated.  Since there was no difference I sent it in.  About two week later an email arrives like I should be happy with a $36 gift card/pin.  Are you kidding?!  What a slap in the face.  I had a private buyer for much more but went with the VZ option because it meant I would come out on top.

Fight the fight people and let VZ know that this is ridiculous.  We've been +14 year customers since they took over the original Houston company we were with.  At this point I'd take crappier service zones over this nonsense.  This is the last straw since they took our unlimited data from us.

Definitely DO NOT SEND YOUR PHONE back.  Take it to eBay or Amazon you'll get more!

Signed,

One Ticked Client

Teally65
Enthusiast - Level 1

OMG - they said - you didn't turn of Find My iPhone feature.   That's BS.  I not only turned that off but completely cleared and factory reset the phone!!!! 

If you have this problem i got a number for the direct dial to the "take advantage of VZ customers trade in program 1-877-247-3846

Kamala2
Enthusiast - Level 1

This program is a disastrous joke that is just asking for a class action suit.  This company is basically stealing customers phones from them.

I sent in a perfect Iphone 4s...and I'm guessing most of you know the drill ...value $36.

No way to get your phone back, nothing but a run around coming from customer service.

10 year customer and they pull this stunt? 

Disgusting.

And, I'm sure some little customer service drone will soon stop by to tell everyone how great this program is.....

It won't be long until this all hits the news...you can't rip off this many customers in the same way without it being a coordinated effort to commit fraud and theft

Sefer

Had the same experience with Droid phones on their "Trade in/Trade up" promo.  Purchased one phone online and two at the local store.  Customer rep on the phone, clerk at the store, and Verizon email states phones were worth $100 each.  They were in excellent working condition verified by the agent also.  When I sent them in in the bubble wrapped envelopes sent by Verizon, I received "gift codes" worth $5.  No explanation!  Real spineless way of scamming the public!!  I will definitely be switching in the future after being with these dirtbags even before Verizon was born!!  Don't fall for their scams and definitely don't waste your time with customer service as you'll just waste HOURS!!  Boy has that ever gone downhill!!

0 Likes
Brookelg

Interesting, this exact thing just happened to me! I received only the gift card email for ~$36 after the appraisal was for $199. I was transferring a line from AT&T to Verizon to consolidate and the phone I sent in was only 7months old! When I called they said the same excuse about find my phone. They also said that I received an email telling me this prior to me getting the gift card which I did not receive. Just like everyone else I was told it was getting escalated and that I would get a call. I have not received any calls nor any emails confirming that I was contesting the amount like I was told. Does anyone know who we can really escalate this to?

I'm not even going to mention how the activation on the phone I did purchase was a nightmare to get activated and it took over a week to even have the phone work!

I wish I would have read the reviews prior to sending it. I was worried they would try to claim some kind of damage since they send you these flimsy envelopes to send it in. I took pictures of that, but never expected for them to totally scam a good paying Verizon customer.

0 Likes
carriew66

Having the same experience. So frustrating. I have emailed and called their "trade in" program...the only reason I traded in was because of this offer...an iPhone in great shape appraised at $200...only $36 credit. Find my iPhone WAS turned off and phone set to factory reset. It is now being "escalated" and I should hear in 7 days. Well, I have been a good customer for 14 years, currently with 4 lines...upgraded all...still waiting to hear about the other phones sent in for trade in. Seriously thinking of packing them all back up and sending them back...and taking my business elsewhere. What a scam and so frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sefer,

We want to make sure that we resolve your issue with your "Trade In" phones. When you sent your phones in did you make sure that everything was cleared from the phone? Was there any physical or liquid damage on the devices? If you have any concerns about your trade in value you can contact our trade in team at 877-247-3846. They will be able to assist with any additional concerns you may have.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sefer

I have already spent countless hours talking to "customer service", even going up the chain and talking to supervisors to absolutely no avail.  I was told multiple times I was to receive $100 back for each Droid phone traded in on the Trade in/Trade up promo.  I even received emails stating the fact!  The phones were in excellent working condition, everything "wiped" from them, and SIM cards removed as instructed. These phones were perfect when deposited at the Post Office.  When at the Verizon store, the agent also verified the condition and popped them open to check for moisture damage....none found!  The agent was also on the phone for 1.5 hours just trying to find out why the promo codes issued by email wouldn't work until someone finally told her that only the first few digits are entered and not the entire number.  One would think someone would have included that in the directions and schooled the customer service reps on that issue!

Have someone from your "trade in team" contact me as I'm totally burned out from this fiasco!

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 18, 2014, at 7:25 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

0 Likes
matthewood
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too have been burned by this Kafkaesque Trade-In system that Verizon has in place.

My story is detailed in another thread :

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/818745

I hope you can find some help from someone at Verizon and shine some light back to this thread.

Good luck,

Matthew

0 Likes
loyalverizcustomer

Duplicate post - please see:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1065823#1065823

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes