Re: IDEA - $30 Upgrade Fee Resolution
Not applicable

You know I forgot about Swappa and Giselle in which case the sale may cover the initial costs, even if a person left and paid the etf.

I buy full price, use them and buy another and throw the old ones in a box. I have a great collection and they all function.

But my phones work forever since I take real good care of my toys.

rcschnoor
Legend

I also have a box of old phones which work perfectly. I loan/give them to friends who have not been so careful with theirs. All of my phones normally last well past 2 years. My wife's current phone is 2.5 yrs old and the one she had prior was 3.5 yrs old before she upgraded.

RemyNOLA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Someone who thought that they were buying a phone for one price, and was then blindsided with an added fee. How would you feel if you went to the market to buy milk, and upon check out you were informed that in addition to the advertised price, you had to pay a milking fee? A fee is defined as the price one pays for a service. What service is performed in connection to the "upgrade fee"?

0 Likes
Not applicable

let it go already. The fee is here it;s not gong away. You can either pay it  or pay full price or go to another carrier. Oh wait At&T and Sprint charge $36 upgrade fees and T-Mobile charges you full price. Would you feel better if they simple had the price of your $49 for $79 instead. What's the full price cost of the phone you can't? I bet at least $500. So that means you're still getting a 85% discount. not sue how you are being taken advantage of by getting a 85% discount. You one day soon carriers are all going the T-Mobile route and stop offering discounted upgrades and you'll just be paying full price.

0 Likes
RemyNOLA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please see the link below for the phone that I purchased. I feel taken advantage of because the price listed is $49, not $79.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/smartphone/droid-maxx-16gb-black

0 Likes
frystevo77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Instead of having an upgrade fee just say the phone costs $30 or $60 or whatever.  Let people know what they are agreeing to.  The idea that I am paying $30 to upgrade a phone when I am signing a contract that I will pay Verizon for 2 years of guaranteed business.  That is the reason I am getting "preferred treatment".

The other problem is that people in the store and the customer service center have no idea what is going on in the other place.  Do not call customer service before going to a store call the store you may get 2 completely different stories on how to go about something.

Not applicable

In reality with customers porting in and out there is no guarantee for that two years.

If you pay full price no upgrade fees. No contracts.

It really is that simple.

Good Luck