Re: IDEA - $30 Upgrade Fee Resolution
MeTexanVT
Enthusiast - Level 3

The account analysis is a bit basic, it will only detect if you have overage charges (and then isn't it pretty obvious you need to change plans??) It does not tell you if you could changes plans to SAVE money on a less expensive plan. For example I used 21 minutes of my 900 minutes on my plan, and 163 texts out of 500 allowed, don't you think it could suggest I look at a cheaper plan, as part of my "plan analysis"?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update MeTexanVT,

Getting an employee discount is awesome, every penny counts! You mentioned you only used very minimal minutes for a 900 minute plan. I would love the opportunity to review different plans for you!

I've followed you. Please accept my follow, then hover over my icon and follow me back. Send me a direct message with your phone number and verification (same as when you call in).

I look forward to reviewing your account in detail!

Melissa_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MeTexanVT
Enthusiast - Level 3

ok, i tried to follow you back.

0 Likes
MeTexanVT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Um, hello? Did you get my follow request? I am still waiting for you to look at my account. Should I contact someone else at Verizon??? Or should I just jump to Sprint?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

MeTexanVT wrote:

Um, hello? Did you get my follow request? I am still waiting for you to look at my account. Should I contact someone else at Verizon??? Or should I just jump to Sprint?

Did you send the follow request to https://community.verizonwireless.com/people/melissam_vzw and have accepted her follow request? Is there still not an option to send a Direct Message on Melissa's profile page?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes! I can certainly check with Melissa to see if she received it. I just sent you a follow request as well. Please confirm and follow me back. Send me a private message with your name and mobile number along with your billing password.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MeTexanVT, thanks for being a loyal customer. We want you to know that we appreciate your business and don't want you to switch to another wireless provider. The $30.00 upgrade fee allows us to continue to provide you with a high level of support from the time you upgrade throughout the life of the device. Additionally, the fee covers the costs associated with the device upgrade, including transferring contacts and data, offering wireless workshops, online device tutorials and support information. Everything to help you understand and use your new device easily. 

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
MeTexanVT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nonethless, I will be switching to another wireless carrier, I do not feel any reason to be loyal to Verizon any longer. Loyalty has no benefits. I am not arguing the $30 fee, I am arguing the lack of appreciation for loyalty within Verizon, and one way to show appreciation for loyalty id waiving the $30 upgrade fee for customers with long-term loyalty.

0 Likes
BuckNaked
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a better idea.  Why don't we charge Verizon a drop call fee every time a call drops.  Say 25 cents per call Drop Fee.  I think it is ridiculous I pay $250 a month and can't drive down Olympic Parkway in Chula Vista, CA and not have my call dropped.  The CEO of Verizon, Lowell McAdams, made 36 Million dollars last year.  I think he can afford it.    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/03/18/verizon-ceos-big-2012-payday/1997491/

bmaleck24
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is insane!!! I have been with you for 10 years now and your adding this on my account??? Time to switch to Tmobile or AT&t i tgink

Comment edited for filter avoidance as per the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator