ICloud device support
BREHIG43

Will Verizon be adding support for WiFi calling from ICloud connected devices in the near future?  Right now, all ICloud devices have to be NEAR the IPhone to make calls from WiFi.  Other carriers offer the ability to allow ICloud devices to make calls without the IPhone ON or NEARBY.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ICloud device support
Jbeam42

ICloud has not worked for me for several months and when I called the Verizon tech support they credited me $5 for the inconvenience. Tech support said 27th February 2017, it should be back up and running; yet it's at least another week later and still nothing working. That is why I'm on this forum to see if others are having issues as well...

0 Likes
katrinan_vzw
Verizon Employee

It's super convenient to be able to call from any device that has iCloud access. At this time, we don't have any new information regarding this feature. We apologize.

Jbeam42, it's important that you are able to back up your phone's information. With iCloud being an Apple based service we are unable to see into their system. However, it's important that we get this fixed for you. What type of issues are you having with your iCloud?

0 Likes
Jbeam42

You try to open up the iCloud app and it says sorry something went wrong we can't connect at this time. you try to view or open pictures and get the same comment... there's nothing there

Get Outlook for Android

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details, Jbeam24 and I assure you we want nothing more than to turn this experience around. Let’s gather some more information and continue working towards a solution to your concern about the cloud.

Just for clarification, when did this issue begin? Besides being unable to access the cloud, are you having trouble accessing any other apps or using data in general? Are you referring to the manufacturers Cloud feature or our Verizon Cloud http://vz.to/2cFzqJ2 service? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jbeam42

I've already spoke with one of your techs who stayed that 27 Feb 2017 the system would be up and running because even thru the Web (not app) Verizon Cloud wasn't working. I'm not tech savvy just know I can't view my picture or videos that we backed up. Only thing supposedly working in contact backup.

I apologize for confusion earlier, talking about verizon cloud, not iCloud (which is apple based).

John

Get Outlook for Android

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important cloud based services can be, John. We'll be happy to help you out with any support concerns. Please give us a call at *611 if you are still experiencing difficulty with your device.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes