Re: I lost my unlimited data plan?!
GMSLEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think that's true at all, given the trend of people getting rid of land line phones in favor of cell phones.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Bell bottoms sagging jeans and wearing pajamas are trends as well. Doesn't mean it's correct lol.

I ditched my landline and home internet due to costs.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

GMSLEE wrote:

I don't think that's true at all, given the trend of people getting rid of land line phones in favor of cell phones.

Along with the trend of people complaining they can't make a call from home because the cell service is abysmal and then complaining even more when their provider won't provide them a network extender free of charge even though cell service has NEVER been advertised as being available in all locations, even in areas of full saturation, due to factors outside the power of the provider. These factors would include but are not limited to construction materials in the location, buildings between a tower and the location, foliage, atmospheric conditions, surface topography, etc....

mama23dogs
Legend

Let's put some air quotes around "unlimited" data with other carriers.....

with the exception of T-Mobiles pricey, unlimited plan, there is no such thing as an unlimited plan.  All other plans are throttled after the initial paid allotment, usually after 2 GBS.

FYI when Net Neutrality kicks in, throttling will no longer be allowed.  Carriers offering unlimited of any kind, are only offering a 2 year commitment.  After that the plan is subject to change.  T - Mobile is already back peddling on the unlimited plan with only a 2 year garantee.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@played

If it took close to 18 months to notice you had less data, it wasn't much of a loss.  In exchange you got a discounted phone. 

From the content of your post, you were already aware that using your upgrade would cost you your unlimited plan.   No surprise, since it's been 4 years since it was discontinued.

FYI  you don't need to "buy a phone off the street" in order to keep a plan if using an upgrade.  You could have purchased your current phone at full retail from Verizon and kept the plan.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

mama23dogs you're wrong. We average 36GB on my sprint plan, which is unlimited,  never been throttled.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

First I've heard of them offering an unlimited plan. 

THe current half price offering has already been labled a 2 year offer, then the price goes up.

T-Mobile is backing off its unlimited plan with similar statements.

fine as long as you don't travel...

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I travel quite frequently. All over the midwest east coast, Europe  and the Caribbean. Not one problem except in detroit and that was a small area. I think some need to not comment on carriers coverage if they don't have said coverage. It's easy to bash a carrier or anything fir that matter if you don't have firsthand knowledge. Sometimes it's best to keep your keyboard shut.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Hit like instead of reply. I should add I have sprint and verizon. Sprint is my personal device and has worked great in all the areas I mentioned.

0 Likes