I have moved to new city...
loyd0419
I have moved from an Verizon area to an Alltel area.  My mobil indicates "Extended Network".  Can I change this to home and how do I do that?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have moved to new city...
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1
First, I would check to see if your price plan covers you in the "Extended Network Area".  The second thing is that if you set your device to "Home Only" (if your device is capable of doing so) and you aren't within what on a small scale is considered to be your "Home" area, then you won't be able to make/receive calls.  Having said that, if you are in an area that VZW is acquiring, then the information would change based on system information when the area is merged.  If not, then the information would still change but it would be based on when the other carrier takes over the network in which you are picking up.  Hope this isn't too confusing.
0 Likes
Re: I have moved to new city...
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

Have you updated your roaming list since moving? If this is your new "home" area, do a *228 option 2 to have your phone reprogram and locate your new towers.

If it is still saying "extended area" after the update, check with the local store or *611 to make sure there is no issue with the towers near you.

Some areas are still going under conversion in which people will see "extended" for a period of a few weeks (exact time unknown at this point).

0 Likes