I have less than 30 days left on my contract, what is Verizon's policy about cancellation?
wb6vpm

My wife and I are on her parent's account, and we are moving over to T-Mobile (sorry Verizon, but their plans are much better, and we can pay over time on the phones). My question is below:

I know some carriers (for example Sprint) will not charge an ETF fee if a customer cancels service with less than 30 days left on the contract, they will consider the contract completed as signed. What is Verizon's policy on this? The reason that I ask is, we want to port the numbers over to our new account with T-Mobile, since everyone has these numbers for us (and I don't want to have to update 1000+ people with a new number LOL)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have less than 30 days left on my contract, what is Verizon's policy about cancellation?
Not applicable

If you port out even one day before your next billing date, you will pay an early termination fee. So it would be $350-$230=$120 which you will owe per line on contract. (Minus $10 off the $350 for 23 months)

if you have basic phones it is $175-$115=$60 per device

If you port out after that contract end date (Check and make sure of the date before you port) you will still be paying for the month you will not be using. Sort of like six of one and half dozen of the other

However you can port out to T-Mobile since after you pay the Early Termination fees on both devices from Verizon and trade in your old devices to T-Mobile they will reimburse you via a gift card. Look at the particulars at the http://www.T-Mobile.com

But only if you trade in smart phones not basic ones.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: I have less than 30 days left on my contract, what is Verizon's policy about cancellation?
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

You have to wait until the contract expires or you(her parent's) will be charged the prorated ETF. You're leaving they ain't gonna give you a break.

0 Likes