I have been trying for several months to activate a corporate discount with no luck. My account has been set with my nickname Chuck the name on my paycheck is my legal name Charles. so I have been told that is why my discount is not activated
smokebug

I have been trying for several months to activate a corporate discount with no luck. My account has been set with my nickname Chuck the name on my pay check is my legal name Charles. so I have been told that is why my discount is not activated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have been trying for several months to activate a corporate discount with no luck. My account has been set with my nickname Chuck the name on my paycheck is my legal name Charles. so I have been told that is why my discount is not activated
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If they are telling you that is the reason (I think the rules state that the name on the employment source has to match the name on the account) then perhaps you can see about correcting the name on your account?

0 Likes
Re: I have been trying for several months to activate a corporate discount with no luck. My account has been set with my nickname Chuck the name on my paycheck is my legal name Charles. so I have been told that is why my discount is not activated
smokebug

After an hour on the phone last month I was told it would be pushed through. If they would like for me to change my name on the account that is fine that was not offered the last time is was talking with customer service. If they would just communicate with me I am sure we could resolve the issue. I have called twice and still nothing.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately CS can sometimes be less than desirable. Especially if the rep isn't aware of the options. Hopefully it will all be resolved for you soon.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you have an email address from your job you should just go to www.vzw.com/discount and enter it here. Then you will receive an email at that email address. You will have to follow the instructions contained within. It is self serve and, when done properly, less than 5 minutes and your discount is applied immediately.

0 Likes
Jettek2002

Hey smokebug

I am a corporate discount user for myself & my family. Have been for many years.First with one company & then with another when the two merged. The one thing that I have found to be true 99.9% of the time is this: if you have a Verizon authorized shop near by, there is nothing that can't be fixed there. Now, I'm not talking a 3rd party authorized store, but an 'real' Verizon store. The ones that have the big red Verizon signs.

I live in Central Florida, and there are several here. I always use the same store for two reasons:how close they are & the customer service. Even when some of the employees that have become 'favorites' of ours leave for whatever reason, I have found that customer loyalty to a particular store helps. There has yet to be a problem that they can't or will not try to solve.I can't always say that for the CS on the telephone or CS chat on the internet.

With all that being said, 1) go to a local store & 2) have them correct your name right then and there. The names must match. At least as far as the first & last are concerned. At work, my records include a middle initial & a 'Jr'. However, my Verizon account only has my first and last matching.

I know I could have given you the short version, but I felt it was important for you to know a little background from someone who has been a customer for some time & a corporate customer as well.

Best regards.

0 Likes