I have a question about edge upgrades and using the device on non edge line
bmwz12

I have 4 phone plans, one is unlimited. Today i spoke with customer service about upgrading with edge on one of my lines (not the unlimited). I asked if once i got the new phone, if i could use it on another line (unlimited) and put another phone on the edge line.  she said the new phone would only work on the line that had jump. This doesn't sound right to me, as i would think as long as i am paying my bill Verizon would not care what phone is on what line. Does anyone have experience with this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have a question about edge upgrades and using the device on non edge line
Not applicable

Yeah Verizon kind of closed that loophole back in august. If you upgrade the dumb phone line to a smartphone then you have to keep the data plan on it for the entire 24 months even if you switch it back to a dumb phone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bmwz12

i should have said i have 4 lines on my plan, and i realized i also said jump instead of edge..........my bad

0 Likes
Not applicable

You can swap out an edge phone however if the line that originally got the Edge phone wanted to early upgrade they would have to turn in that phone So you can see where that would be a issue.

0 Likes
bmwz12

right i can see that, but as far as what i wanted to use it for is this; I have 1 line that is not used for anything, it was originally setup so that i could get an upgrade and swap it onto another line about a year ago. Once i got the upgraded phone, i put it on the line i wanted to use it on and put a "dumb phone" on the line i had added. fast forward to today. I have this  same line that is available for edge, what i want to do is get edge , get the note 4, put it on my unlimited plan and keep the dumb phone on the now edge program, but i am of course paying for the phone and the 10 dollar line fee every month. I hope that makes sense. I just want to know if it is possible because the rep i spoke with seemed really confused......i dont blame her.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yeah Verizon kind of closed that loophole back in august. If you upgrade the dumb phone line to a smartphone then you have to keep the data plan on it for the entire 24 months even if you switch it back to a dumb phone

0 Likes
bmwz12

That answers my question, thank you!

0 Likes