I have DOA phone and need to exchange it. Help me
sean_k
Enthusiast - Level 3

On 8-6, I bought a prepaid galaxy s4 which arrived promptly on time. When I opened and started assembling the phone, I 've noticed the simcard wasn;t packaged. I looked and looked and I couldn't find a box for the sim card. So I chatted with the sales about it who told me I had to contact customer service to return the phone.

So I was about the contact the customer service, then I've noticed the sim card was already preloaded in to the slot. and I couldn't get it out to find the number on it. But since it was already in it, I decided to finish assembling the phone and activate the phone.

Everything worked like it was supposed to. Everything on the phone worked at first. Then I've noticed last night that my device disappeared from myverizon website. So I added it again and it worked fine for a bit, then it disappeared again today. Then I was trying add myverizon app and the vz protection. Myverizon app worked but vz protection says myaccount was suspended;

i spent the past 6 hrs trying to sort out the issue to no avail. So I'm trying to send the phone back and get it exchanged for a phone with sim card NOT preloaded.

Can you people please help me how to go about doing this? I understand I just send the phone back.

But I have bought a prepaid plan and the device was discounted for that purpose. How do I just buy the refurbished phone alone? Or do I have to buy the entier plan/prepaid phone combination again?

Also is there a way to initiate an exchange on this website?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have DOA phone and need to exchange it. Help me
Not applicable

Ah ha now I get it.

Take the device into a Verizon wireless corporate store. Have them set the device up to function or to warrantee it.

I don't use prepaid but I have read some use prepaid cards and others can have auto pay through Verizon wireless.

I have no idea which method you are using.

You are better off at a corporate store and do not go to any reseller .

I have read T-Mobile has a new prepaid device which is only $40 a month for unlimited talk, text and 4G data.

Maybe you can return the phone and such and cancel out the payment you made and just go to them or even Straight Talk etc.

Sorry about the confusion in making out your post.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sean_k!

I am saddened to learn about your device issues! In an effort to get your concerns resolved, please contact our Pre-Paid department:888-294-6804. The return process can no be initiated online.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sean_k
Enthusiast - Level 3

I already did talk to the prepaid dept about it and they told me to call the customer service which I did and spent about an hr talking to them who told me to contact technical service. I did and we spent 4 hrs to fix the problems on the website and the suspected sim card issue.

And in the end, they transferred to be someone who doesn't work at prepaid dept and told me how send the phone back and how i should buy another prepaid phone deal before I get my refund on the phone and the prepaid plan.

This plan cost me ~300, so her idea was for me to spend 600 total for the month to get myverizon website and vzprotection working. I can't afford that, at this point I'm thinking changing to ATT.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ah ha now I get it.

Take the device into a Verizon wireless corporate store. Have them set the device up to function or to warrantee it.

I don't use prepaid but I have read some use prepaid cards and others can have auto pay through Verizon wireless.

I have no idea which method you are using.

You are better off at a corporate store and do not go to any reseller .

I have read T-Mobile has a new prepaid device which is only $40 a month for unlimited talk, text and 4G data.

Maybe you can return the phone and such and cancel out the payment you made and just go to them or even Straight Talk etc.

Sorry about the confusion in making out your post.

Good Luck

0 Likes