I don't get coverage inside or outside my new home. What should I do?
abrydon

I don't get coverage inside or outside my new home. What should I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I don't get coverage inside or outside my new home. What should I do?
Taco909
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have broadband internet, the Samsung Range Extender will allow you to have 3G service in your home.

The system is anchored to your account, so neighbors can not use it, but the drawback is if you have good coverage outdoors, but poor coverage indoors like I do, the phone will not hand-off to the network infrastructure when you step outside and walk away from your home... at least that was the case when I looked into it, but the product description seems to indicate otherwise.  This may be a new feature, and if so, would make this a very useful product for me.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/samsung-network-extender-scs-2u01/

It's $250, but I believe Verizon may offer a discount, you'll need to call Customer Service to find out for sure.

0 Likes
xhunter4u
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you serious???  $250 to get coverage at your home when VZW promises the best nationwide network in America?

I have the same problem, little to no coverage in my home here in FL, constant dropped calls, constant "I can't hear you" on those rare occasions when I do manage to connect for more than a minute or two. Then there's the overpriced "Family Plan" that I've been forced into, at a usurious rate.

There is not a snowball's chance in h*ll I'll stay with VZW when my current contract runs out - which is too long from now to contemplate as it (removed) me off. I can get the same plan from just about any other major carrier for about $26 less per month. (removed) Verizon Wireless.

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

honestly, i'd check in to other carriers.

Not applicable

May I suggest you look at the coverage map for Verizon and other carriers.

If you enter you zip code the map will zoom in on your area.  If you locate you home on the map, and it shows you should be covered, then contact Verizon as to why you are in a dead zone.

On the other hand if the map shows you in a "white" area - an area with no service, you will have to spring for an extender.

Might as well look your home up on other carriers, I suspect you won't find better coverage.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController?requesttype=NEWREQUEST&zip=06035&city=G...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to help today abrydon! So we can assess the situation properly may you please provide us with your zip code? How long does it take to gain service once leaving this location? What device are you using? We're here for you!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi xhunter4u,

We want you to have the best service as well. Although indoor service cannot be guaranteed we do offer great options for improvement. What zip code are you in? What device are you using?

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
xhunter4u
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sent a message to the VZW Regional President and I have been in contact with someone from Executive Relations. Alas, when we did finally talk she had trouble hearing me, and then the call was dropped. Typical.

As far as any solutions for improvement, anything I have found is expensive and may open my calls up to being hacked. I'm not willing to spend $250 for a device that isn't secure.

0 Likes