Re: I can't make or take phone calls, but i can message and use data. Has this happened to anyone else? I've gone through three Samsung Galaxy S5's in the past three days, two of which have this problem and one just stopped working all together.
Lytle1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Apparently the device I received 10/12/14 is out of warranty so Samsung will not help me  thanks for the advice tho

Re: I can't make or take phone calls, but i can message and use data. Has this happened to anyone else? I've gone through three Samsung Galaxy S5's in the past three days, two of which have this problem and one just stopped working all together.
millercrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Weird. Did you hear that Verizon? I seem to recall mentioning that and you guys did nothing. Looks like we are all here on our own. Good job to the people here supporting this thread to find a solution. I thank you..

0 Likes
yepthissucks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well my phone worked for a day after I got it back from the Samsung repair center. So I took it back to the repair center myself and obviously Samsung doesn't have a clue either because what ever they thought  it was only fixes the phone for a short amount of time...it's like the phone can't find a tower to connect to...I'm going to see if I can get the phone unlocked and go from there.

0 Likes
Garfieldfam
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same issue with the S5. Factory resets, new sim card, some "area programming" (that's what the guy at the store called it), nothing has worked. I'm a Realtor so my phone is my lifeline. The "just buy a new one" option that they gave me at the store last time is not what I want to hear. I dont have an extra $500 to replace this thing. This started around the first week of August with just not receiving some calls and has progressed to now not receiving or being able to make any calls. If you try to call out it sits on the dialing screen and just times itself out. Worth noting my voice mail notification is also not going off. From the list of zip codes people have posted (I'm in 14807) this looks more like a defect with the device software.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all that you have done so far Garfieldfam. I understand the importance of a cell phone especially if you're a Realtor. When you did the factory reset did you reinstall all your applications? Does it get better if you go to a different area?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Garfieldfam
Enthusiast - Level 1

I reinstalled all of my applications but I cannot make it receive called from any location, inside outside different towns and nothing works

Sent by Outlook for Android

0 Likes
tiada1210
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem! Also upgraded from razr maxx hd in February. My son has been using the deactivated Maxx as an ipod-esque device on Wi-Fi. One day a couple of weeks ago, I was sitting next to him, I received a call and it was on both devices simultaneously! Next day no calls in or out, "dialing", "call dropped", and "no service". Straight to vm on the other side. So we shut off the Maxx and I restarted my S5. Started working. This morning, Maxx was off in the other side of the house, I received a call, and now...no call service. Everything else working fine. Had him pull the SIM and shut everything down on the Maxx. Restarted, powered off, pulled battery, everything...Still not working. Can't even call the *228 or *611. At a total loss here. Also noteworthy, no longer receiving gmail notifications. Was so excited to go back to a Samsung. But this thing has been a total disappointment.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

*228 won't work on 4G devices.  The SIM is the "*228" and 3G devices use *228.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tiada1210, getting calls on another device is not what we want you to experience. I want to get to the bottom of this so we can rectify this issue. Did you check My Verizon to see if the correct device is on the correct phone number? Have you power cycle the device?

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TowTruckGuy

Apparently this is never going to get fixed....

I too am a victim of the S5 problem, no calls in or out. Have read through all the posts here and elsewhere going around the Web and twitter. Have done all the recommended "fixes" without resolve.

Would be nice to see an actual solution sometime soon.

Anxiously waiting....

0 Likes