Re: I can't make or take phone calls, but i can message and use data. Has this happened to anyone else? I've gone through three Samsung Galaxy S5's in the past three days, two of which have this problem and one just stopped working all together.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's definitely out of the ordinary, HHonEEy. I certainly understand the importance of having a reliable device. Have you had a network ticket filed for the issue?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I can't make or take phone calls, but i can message and use data. Has this happened to anyone else? I've gone through three Samsung Galaxy S5's in the past three days, two of which have this problem and one just stopped working all together.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello abel8189. Thank you for sharing these details with us. That is definitely a strange occurrence. Especially since it has been replaced twice. I see that my teammates have been working with you on this. I please ask that you DM us so we may work directly with you, as the ticket is still being investigated. Thank you, abel8189. I have also sent a follow request from my end just in case.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupprot

peterporpoise
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this EXACT same problem. The phone worked for the first few days and now it cannot make or receive calls. I get the same roaming message. Not sure what to do...

wolfpack_matt
Enthusiast - Level 3

am also having this exact same issue. I just upgraded to the S5 and activated it yesterday, and today I am having the exact same issues! It just says "Dialing..." when I try to call out and eventually hangs up. When someone tries to call me, it goes straight to voicemail. Please help!

abel8189
Enthusiast - Level 2

wolfpack_matt and peterporpoise , would you guys mind following me and posting on this thread if your problem is resolved? I currently have an open trouble ticket on the issue. If they fix it, I'll let you guys know.

0 Likes
Bhudds
Enthusiast - Level 3

hi budoneVerizon Wireless Customer Support budone - I am not sure if you are with Verizon wireless, but it seems like you are the dept. Manager there, so I am including you and the verizon wireless handle as well. Please review this thread. I am facing exactly the same issue where my new Galaxy s5 does everything in terms of sending messages etc. but cannot make phone calls and cannot receive phone calls too. Please don't pretend that this is a strange problem. This is almost sounding like acommon problem with s5. And, customers like us who trust in brands like Verizon and Samsung end up being cheated and treated unfairly by getting a second-hand (certified) device even when we paid for the brand new galaxy s5. You need to do the right thing for your loyal customers otherwise, and as you already know, that the customer can always giver the real feedback by choosing another service provider.

Bhudds
Enthusiast - Level 3

s5_VZ_Disappointment

Bhudds
Enthusiast - Level 3

abel8189 Hi .. i encourage you to take this to Twitter and retweet or comment on my tweet. I am facing the exact same problem as you on my new Galaxy s5. I never used my twitter account until now because I am really disappointed in how Verizon is handling this issue. I also changed one Galaxy s5 and i am having this problem on my second device. I have been a loyal customer fo Verizon for 8 years and now I have to waste my time and money just because I did a verizon edge upgrade and got a new s5, which is supposed ot be an awesome product, but does not look like it. You can search for my tweet using s5_VZ_Disappointment

0 Likes
Bhudds
Enthusiast - Level 3

hi HHonEEy i encourage you to take this to Twitter and retweet or comment on my tweet. I am facing the exact same problem as you on my new Galaxy s5. I never used my twitter account until now because I am really disappointed in how Verizon is handling this issue. I also changed one Galaxy s5 and i am having this problem on my second device. I have been a loyal customer fo Verizon for 8 years and now I have to waste my time and money just because I did a verizon edge upgrade and got a new s5, which is supposed ot be an awesome product, but does not look like it. You can search for my tweet using #s5_VZ_Disappointment

0 Likes
Bhudds
Enthusiast - Level 3

hi peterporpoise encourage you to take this to Twitter and retweet or comment on my tweet. I am facing the exact same problem as you on my new Galaxy s5. I never used my twitter account until now because I am really disappointed in how Verizon is handling this issue. I also changed one Galaxy s5 and i am having this problem on my second device. I have been a loyal customer fo Verizon for 8 years and now I have to waste my time and money just because I did a verizon edge upgrade and got a new s5, which is supposed ot be an awesome product, but does not look like it. You can search for my tweet using #s5_VZ_Disappointment

0 Likes