I can no longer dial my parents overseas
xmiinc

I recently returned from Switzerland (14 days ago) where I was swapping out SIM cards with a Swisscom card.  I'm now back in USA using my Verizon SIM and everything is fine EXCEPT when dialing the overseas number I use the most: my parents.  (Other overseas numbers work fine)  When I do so, I get a Swisscom message (in German): "The chosen subscriber does not wish to be disturbed".  My parents have done everything they can think of with Swisscom to determine whether something is blocking my call from their end.  Swisscom says No.  Callfilter is off, Do Not Disturb is off, Reject Call(s) is off, etc.  Using someone else's phone gets me through with no problems.  Using my phone (Pixel 2) gives me the "No Disturb" message.

But I remember something that makes wonder: A day or two BEFORE I left, I was using dial pad keys to maneuver through multiple messages on my voicemail.  At one point, I got bored and started punching random keys, including * and # keys in succession.  Is it possible there are some 'secret' Verizon service codes that might've been activated that is causing this problem?  The entire family is flat out of ideas, as am I.  Verizon is pointing fingers over there, Swisscom is pointing the finger over here because they can't find anything wrong.  Does anyone here have a clue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can no longer dial my parents overseas
deloused
Master - Level 3

I‘d suggest resetting the network settings and turning off the assisted dialing feature on your device in case now that you’re back in case a dialing issue is causing the problem. If that doesn’t work delete and re-add your parent‘s contact in your phone in case of an error within it.

Its not an issue with the Verizon network or your account, since your calls are reaching the international carrier by receiving their error message. If the Verizon network or your account settings were preventing your call from going through you’d hear a Verizon error message

0 Likes
Re: I can no longer dial my parents overseas
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

xmiinc, being able to stay connected with your parents overseas in Switzerland is paramount and I regret to hear that we haven't found a solution to this problem yet. I appreciate the extra details shared over the steps you've taken and user "deloused" also provides some good suggestions. 

The last thing I want to do going forward is point the blame at anyone else and we do want to get this corrected together. Just to confirm, have we yet attempted to reactivate your Google Pixel 2 on your Verizon account? Please reference the link below for how to Reset Network Settings on your Pixel 2 and keep us posted on any changes. Thanks! http://spr.ly/6588DWUPk

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes