I bought 2 ringtones but my new phone bit the dust over the weekend
i_dee_claire
Can I have them re-sent for free to the old phone I'm using again?   if so, how?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I bought 2 ringtones but my new phone bit the dust over the weekend
Yakove
Contributor - Level 1
A Verizon wireless customer service representative may be able to help you with getting credits for having to redownload them; however the policy for those kind of credits usually only applies to replacement phones sent to you as a manufacturers replacement (Certified Like New Replacement).
0 Likes
terok-nor

Saw a number of posts on this. Had an issue with my Samsung - would not take a charge from AC Adapter (would from car charger though wierd) and since the Verizon store could not give me a replacement device, I had to upgrade. Could not get my ringtones from the "MyMedia" area. Called Technical Support and they tried to give me the same line of "have to purchase them again as this was not an upgrade under warranty". After telling him that they could not replace it with a like device and the device failed, he quickly credited me and then sent the ringtone (via text) to my phone and credited my account. Something you may want to try if you get into this jam.

0 Likes
abarnyard83
Enthusiast - Level 3

basically when you purchase ringtones they are associated w your phn, you are purchasing the license for that song on on a specific phone, so when you change the phn on your acct, you hav to repurchase the license for your new phn. So no vzw should credit you back unless like last person stated you get a replacement phn from your warrenty from vzw, but from your post it doesnt sound like you are getting a replacement phn, you would just get new phn.

Hope this explains 

0 Likes