I Want To Report Extremely Poor Cell Coverage.
SyntheticFrost
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use an iPhone 7 Plus, and have for about a year now. Until recently I'd typically get about 3-4 bars of service, but over the last month or so the signal is so poor in the same location that it often drops from LTE to a single bar of 1x. Calls and data won't even go through, and time out.

I'm trying to contact customer support but it's like Verizon actively goes out of their way to hide their contact info.

Labels (1)
Re: I Want To Report Extremely Poor Cell Coverage.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Zip code?

The customer service number is 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone. Select option 4 and say agent to reach a person.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SyntheticFrost, 

Ensuring you have the best service possible where you use your phone the most is important to us. We're here to assist with your service concerns. Are you having this issue everywhere you use your phone or just at a particular location? Have others with VZW noticed a change in their service as well? Did this occur following an iOS or Carrier Settings Update? Let's us know. 

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

AGSSKCO
Enthusiast - Level 2

calling customer service has made ZERO difference for me. I have called several times because Verizon coverage in Boulder area SUCKS!!! All they do is apologize, pretend to be concerned, say they will get on it, and promise to get back to me and NOTHING!!

VERIZON's national ads about the most reliable nationwide coverage is a JOKE! Cant wait to finish my term with lying cheating Verizon.

rcschnoor
Legend

AGSSKCO wrote:

calling customer service has made ZERO difference for me. I have called several times because Verizon coverage in Boulder area SUCKS!!! All they do is apologize, pretend to be concerned, say they will get on it, and promise to get back to me and NOTHING!!

VERIZON's national ads about the most reliable nationwide coverage is a JOKE! Cant wait to finish my term with lying cheating Verizon.

Let's think about this. Verizon improves coverage by erecting new towers. To get approval for those new towers they must get approval from local governing bodies. In many areas, there are VERY vocal groups which petition these local governing bodies against such development. Being quite familiar with the Boulder area, there is no short supply of just this type of activist group and you are surprised why it takes so long to improve coverage?

In the area I currently live, it took more than one provider over 10 years to get approval to improve service in such an area due to local activists and this area is not even close to being as activist as the Boulder area.

ANTGUE18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so sick of consistently slow speeds. Verizon sucks plain and simple! From southern California to northern california! Brand new iPhone X and it's like I'm on a 3gs. Actually my 3gs was way faster. And I thought AT&T sucked. Verizon sucks. Verizon has wasted so much of my time.

ANTGUE18
Enthusiast - Level 1

bla bla bla...

ngpizzalato
Enthusiast - Level 1

I to am trying to find out how to report coverage issues. I used to have at least 3 bars in my office and over the last 3 months the service has dropped to 1x most of the time. How do we know if something is changed to cause this? I have been with VZW for over 18 years and never had issues until 3 months ago. It is not wide spread just in my office complex where the issue is. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sad to hear that our coverage at your work location is not as good as it has been in the past. We are here to help you. 

Please keep in mind that if the issue is only happening indoors, then most likely there are factors out of our control causing the problem. These can be new structures within the building, new wireless services not related to cellular phones, or even construction at or near the area. 

What city and state are you located at, as well as the closest cross streets? Do you have settings enabled on your phone for roaming to be allowed? What model phone do you have? 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
benlawry
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issues. Consistently I get one bar of service indoors, and I'm lucky to get 2 bars outdoors anywhere in my neighborhood. My phone has been dropping most calls for the last couple of months. I get better receiption at my vacant land 2 hours out of town than I do here in the Northeast Heights (Albuquerque, near Wyoming and I40). I've lived here for 13 years and have never had a problem before, and nothing about my home has changed in over 5 years. The homes in my neighborhood are all single-story and there are no (obvious) obstructions between my house and the nearest cell phone towers. There is no nearby construction. My mother, who lives 2 miles away and is also a verizon customer, has been having identical issues over the same time period. If this happens for much longer, I'll be forced to switch to a different service provider. I can't/won't keep paying for service that doesn't work most of the time.