I HATE VERIZON WIRELESS
mparr15h
Enthusiast - Level 3

If it wouldn't cost me $585 to cancel all five lines I have with Verizon, I would drop them in a heartbeat!  Been a customer since they were GTE Mobilnet WAAAAYYYY back when.  Had up to eight lines with Verizon at one time, never had a problem, paid all bills on time, things were great.   Cancelled three lines, paid to break the contracts, kept five lines with Verizon.  Final payment on cancelled lines needed to be broken into three payments.  Called 12/11/09 to make first payment, scheduled two equal payments for Jan/Feb, no problem.  Informed customer service my account was on auto-pay but I could not cancel it because I couldn't access it since the phones were inactive.  No problem, they would take care of it, I could call in January to make next installment.  12/22/09, the full amount was withdrawn from my checking account!  Much to my dismay, my bill pay account went to a negative balance and then got worse with bank fees and other charges that were assessed.  I called Verizon on 12/22/09 to complain, they said they would "send it for review", they acknowledged it was their mistake (good thing I kept notes from the 12/11/09 phone call) and they said it should be resolved in 7-10 business days.  OK, I called back on 01/05/10 and was told a representative would call me on 01/06/10...no call.  I called again on 01/07/10, this time I was told there was a "10-day hold" put on the review and someone should be calling me back.  I could not speak to someone directly in the department handling the review, but I should get a call back...yep, I've heard that before!  At this point, the issue isn't the amount they took out, it is the bank charges.  The bank won't refund the charges until Verizon refunds the money to my bank account because that would show my bank that Verizon was the reason my account overdrafted.  I am so frustrated with Verizon that I would love to cancel all service with them.  Every time I call customer service I start off with a smile on my face, end up being transferred 2-3 times, spend at least 10-15 minutes on hold while each rep reviews my account, and then I end up boiling mad.  Does anyone else have these issues when dealing with them????

Labels (1)
Re: I HATE VERIZON WIRELESS
JustJulieDuh
Enthusiast - Level 2

If it makes you feel ANYbetter, everytime i go to the store (which is often because they keep sending my faulty phones you'd think after phone number 20, im serious, they'd get that i need a fully functioning phone!) the "customer service" is horrible they always blame me for the phones being fault and they give me attitude, until i talk to the manager or the general manager. Ugh! but i feel your pain!

SirThanh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the CS rep on the phone fix a billing problem but was told the refund will not be in effect until next billing cycle. So she calculated the refund and everything and wrote it as a note. Month later, no respond or refund. Called them up again and this different CS had no clue about the refund and was told that the only changes made was my plan. Okay.. so she went to check up on it and ended up telling me that he first CS rep i talked to will have to call me back in 48 hours. Weeks later, no call. So I called again to see what's going on. The third rep has NO CLUE what was going on. I had to re-explain everything to this 3rd rep again. He said he will look into it and said he has to put me on hold to check up on it for a few mins. I waited almost 10 mins and no answer from the other line. And I was on my lunch break so I had to try another time. So I called back a week later (no time to call, work almost everyday) the 4th CS Rep was excellent. Got to the problem ASAP and fixed everything for me. Best rep I have ever talked to and pin pointed the problems really well. Even with the little incident, Verizon Wireless always pulls through it at the end for the customer. Not everyone is perfect and CS Reps make mistakes too. Atleast Verizon Wireless can admit their mistakes and willing to fix it. I don't think AT&T or Sprint will get you that kind customer service.

Just keep calling until you get the right VzW Rep. I enjoy my Verizon Wireless service and will not be cancelling any time soon. I have called Verizon CS numerous times and every single time (except for the incident above), they have gave me great customer service. 😃

basspro
Contributor - Level 1

I cannot believe that you have gotten 20 defective phones! ROFL! I think that it's time to admit some responsibility.

JustJulieDuh wrote:

If it makes you feel ANYbetter, everytime i go to the store (which is often because they keep sending my faulty phones you'd think after phone number 20, im serious, they'd get that i need a fully functioning phone!) the "customer service" is horrible they always blame me for the phones being fault and they give me attitude, until i talk to the manager or the general manager. Ugh! but i feel your pain!

0 Likes
mparr15h
Enthusiast - Level 3

I STILL HATE VERIZON WIRELESS.  Their attempt at a "resolution" to this problem was a JOKE!  I am so fed up with them that I'm ready to pay the fee and break the contract.  I HATE VERIZON and I will be sure to let everyone else know how AWFUL they are.

clintner2009
Enthusiast - Level 1

this company needs to do a complete shake down of there employee's. I have been into this one verizon store which is full of **bleep**. They over promise and under deliver, and the best part is once they figure out they are wrong, they instantly become hostile and dont want to fix the problem. If i didnt get screwed with this outrageous 350 termination fee verizon could kiss my butt.

bbolton
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am right with you. I absolutely hate verizon. They have the worst customer service. And there phones are so expensive that it doesn't make since. I have been lied to numerous times by verizon. I am always given incorrect information. How cruel can they actually be. I'm stuck with them because I am under contract and I can't afford to pay the termination fee.  Their phones are not even wrong the scrap metal they are made from.

bbolton
Enthusiast - Level 1

I meant to say that their phones are not worth the scrap metal they are made from.

frayed
Enthusiast - Level 3

SirThanh wrote:

I had the CS rep on the phone fix a billing problem but was told the refund will not be in effect until next billing cycle. So she calculated the refund and everything and wrote it as a note. Month later, no respond or refund. Called them up again and this different CS had no clue about the refund and was told that the only changes made was my plan. Okay.. so she went to check up on it and ended up telling me that he first CS rep i talked to will have to call me back in 48 hours. Weeks later, no call. So I called again to see what's going on. The third rep has NO CLUE what was going on. I had to re-explain everything to this 3rd rep again. He said he will look into it and said he has to put me on hold to check up on it for a few mins. I waited almost 10 mins and no answer from the other line. And I was on my lunch break so I had to try another time. So I called back a week later (no time to call, work almost everyday) the 4th CS Rep was excellent. Got to the problem ASAP and fixed everything for me. Best rep I have ever talked to and pin pointed the problems really well. Even with the little incident, Verizon Wireless always pulls through it at the end for the customer. Not everyone is perfect and CS Reps make mistakes too. Atleast Verizon Wireless can admit their mistakes and willing to fix it. I don't think AT&T or Sprint will get you that kind customer service.

Just keep calling until you get the right VzW Rep. I enjoy my Verizon Wireless service and will not be cancelling any time soon. I have called Verizon CS numerous times and every single time (except for the incident above), they have gave me great customer service. 😃

I have had Verizon for over 10 years. I still remember when the hot new thing was color screens on the phones (woooo) (yeah I got one) I have most likely spent a combined total of a week on the phone (thank god airtime free) with verizon, It is all in the rep. Some are just not that into it. Like the guy at your work that you wonder why he still has his job. but you do sometimes get a person that is just gold. Hint If they sound like they are reading hang up you will save time in the long run

bella850
Enthusiast - Level 1

My mom just passed and I went over my minutes and I thought the house phone was in my top ten however it wasn't. so i called verizon to let the know what's going on. and let me remind you i've never went over my minutes and i always pay my bill on time. they girl i talked too told me if i don't cancel and up my plan to $20 extra i wouldn't have to pay any overages not to mention she called a "supervisor" and they said it could be done. i asked about the $89 unlimited plan thinking that might be better but she didn't go into details over it she just kept talking. so before we got off the phone i asked her if i would have to worry about any overages and she said no. and now i get on today and check my account and only some of my overages was credited back. i've talked to 2 reps and a supervisor and all of them are telling me that she put in 50% and there is nothing they can do and they can't refund all of the money back. i never agreed to only 50% and the girl never called back to say it was only 50% she said it would be a full refund. but they are saying that they can not give full refunds. i use to work at zales and when an item is placed in the wrong place and it is advertised as the wrong price, we have to give them the price of the item even if it is a different price and she told me that's what it was going to be even though she only credited me back 50% it should have been all of it. now my bill is 516 and i can't pay that at all not even with a payment plan and the last rep even told me to borrow money. i'm pretty sure it is something they can do about this situation.