How to use Blackberry 8830 World Phone overseas?
StoneMicro

I am travalling to Asia next month and I have a Blackberrry 8830 World Phone.  What do I need to do before leaving?  Would it work automatically, or do I have to buy a sim card for the phone?  Is there a international plan that i can sign up for only a month?

Thanks!

Sam

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to use Blackberry 8830 World Phone overseas?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Yes. You'll need to buy a "global support pack". Basically this is just a Vodafone/Verizon SIM card and some informational items. You'll need to order this from the Global Team, I'm not sure if you can purchase it from store, but it's usually about $29.99. Once you get the SIM card the Global Team can activate it for you.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              As for plans, there's a $69.98 Global Blackberry plan that will give you unlimited data access while roaming and a discounted rate for your calls while roaming. Check the International Services section of this website for normal rates, then check with the Global Team for the discounted rates. And yes, it's something you can have active for just one month, or even a week; however long you need.

0 Likes