How to turn off ad for visual voice mail
NinaK

Hey android savvy folks, Is there a way to turn off the ad that creates an extra step every time I try to get into voicemail using the red icon? If not I'll just create a shortcut icon and remove the standard one, but just wondering? thanks - Gramma who's figuring it all out

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to turn off ad for visual voice mail
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending on the phone you have, you could add Voice Mail as a contact and then place that contact on your home screen with a Direct Dial widget (that's for an Android; other OS' may have similar options).

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't use the red voicemail icon to access the standard voicemail. The icon is intended only for the visual voicemail system. To access the standard voicemail without a icon in the notification bar, dial *86 or long press the one key on your phone dialer. You can also save the *86 number as a contact entry.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Rockville
Enthusiast - Level 2

This grandpa had the same problem Gramma has.  Maybe its a grandbabby thing .   I understand Ann154's answer...now I know what is causing this stupid ad screen to pop up.  But remembering things like *86  stretch my weakening memory too much.

My question: is there a way I can make an Icon that I can pup wherever I want it that essentially dials a phone number (in this case *86).  That would give me what I want...an icon access to voicemail.  Or any other way to accomplish the same thing?

Thanks everybody!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending on the phone you have, you could add Voice Mail as a contact and then place that contact on your home screen with a Direct Dial widget (that's for an Android; other OS' may have similar options).

Rockville
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tikibar:  perfect!  even better than perfect...you not only helped me do exactly what I wanted to do, but you ALSO taught me how to do something I didn't know how to do...create a quickdial icon.  Talk about overachieving!   A

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad it worked for you. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rockville, we want visual voice mail to be easy breezy for you. Here's everything that you need to know about this feature: http://vz.to/1juUi2x

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Rockville
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a useless response.  I sure hope that some simple computer algorithm generated this response.  It is hard to believe a live human being could have ever thought that ANYTHING at that VWireless link has the slightest bearing to the question that Ninak and I were asking about.  That link is all about using Visual Voice Mail.  Thats great...if I wanted to sign up  for it, figure out how to use it, or even quit the service.  But there is not a single word at that link about how to stop the nagging, irritating and time-consuming ad I was seeing every time I called voice mail.  Fortunately good folks here on the forum like Ann154 and Tikibar1 took the time to share their knowledge and help me find the solution.

It seems that VWireless didn't really want consumers to figure out how to stop the stupid ad...they want folks to sign up for Visual Voice Mail, start paying the monthly fee, and forget about one more line item charge on our monthly bill.