How to notify Verizon of cellular tower outages?
Chance____

Two days ago, there happened to be a major power transmission failure in my area that caused major outages.  This issue has since been rectified, but apparently it has damaged or disabled the cellular tower we normally use here in Mappsville, VA (23407). 

http://wavy.com/2016/11/18/eastern-shore-power-outages/

I have no clue if they're notified of the issue, nor do I know how to notify the right people.  Many Verizon service users are now unable to make calls or have data coverage within certain ranges of the tower.  If any Verizon phone user that I know is extremely close to the tower, they will have some minimal coverage, but it's still poor at ranges where others and myself have used their phones.

Previously, at my home, I was able to use calls/texts/data.  Now I have no service at all, and this is an extreme inconvenience because I need service again at my home.  Sprint/T-Mobile/AT&T users still have service at this range.

This needs to be rectified ASAP.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to notify Verizon of cellular tower outages?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to find a landline and call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 to report the outage. If they respond that it was previously reported then you should ask for the status of the trouble ticket.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Re: How to notify Verizon of cellular tower outages?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to find a landline and call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 to report the outage. If they respond that it was previously reported then you should ask for the status of the trouble ticket.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.